Go Bottom

solid tires for landpride

View my Photos
pondriver
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-05          36092

I am new to this board but had a question. Does anyone know where you can get solid tires for landpride finish mowers. I know I can get them from landpride dealer but for $85.00 a piece. Too rich for me. I am having a hard time keeping tubeless and tube type to stay up for me. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
NJDeere

2002-03-05          36122

Why not have your current tires foam filled. Will save you money compared to buying new complete tires and will do the same thing. .... Just a thought. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-06          36127

Maybe dress the rims and beads, and I think there is something like bead sealer. Maybe put tubes in them. I think foam is a good alternative compared to solid replacements. Once done, there's virtually no more tire trouble until the carcasses start falling apart. They will give a rough ride though. There is some loss of traction going to a solid tire but that shouldn't be much of an issue for a finish mower unless steep slopes are present. ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-03-06          36132

I think I paid around $40 for the solids a few years ago from my local dealer. I had a 60" mower.
As Tom suggests bead sealer may be a good solution if you want to change them eventually. More extreme is to use liquid gasket material ,but I have seen it done and some of the racing tires require the tires to be screwed into the rims and something like liguid gasket applied. I would not recommend silicone due to the acidic nature of the crosslinking process. It will corrode the rims. ....

View my Photos
MarkS

2002-03-06          36139

SLIME Tire sealer may also be a good approach. I use it in my tubeless ATV tires and it works a ton better than standard tire sealer. For about $15 for all 4 tires its worth a try. ....

View my Photos
Pieterv

2002-06-23          39778

Ask your dealer to contact our After Market Division at Buy Smart. You can get them likely for less than half...!
888-945-3102.

Same company as First Choice.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login