Go Bottom

Landpride AT2560

View my Photos
chim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-04-11          37272

After looking at different 3PH finish mowers, went with the above deck. I like side discharge for "raking" leaves in the Fall, (and occasionally grass clippings if the yard gets ahead of me). This mower works great. The blades sound like they are spinning at twice the speed of the old Caroni, and clippings are blown quite a distance. The deck is on a B7500 with about 50% antifreeze/water fill on the rear R4's. No added weight on the front except for the loader subframe. The tractor handles the mower very well, even though the Landpride is a beefy unit. The only thing that needs changed so far is the lynch pins on the tops of the caster wheel shafts. One apparently got snagged when the deck swung under a low-hangung bush last night, and the bush flipped it open. I didn't notice it until the wheel fell off when I raised the deck. I had this happen with the big hairpins on the Caroni too. Looks like a trip to TruValue for some bolts and nylon insert nuts is in order..........chim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Landpride AT2560

View my Photos
digger

2002-04-26          37855

What did you have to pay for this unit? It sounds like what I need. ....

Landpride AT2560

View my Photos
chim

2002-04-27          37884

Short answer = $1,300. "Rest of the story" = shopped around, and found one at Peterman's in Carlisle PA for $1,599. The counter guy at the parts dept where I bought the tractor (Keller Brothers, Lancaster PA) quoted me $1,799. Later I told the salesman about the Peterman price, and he managed to find one in their warehouse for $1,300. It looks like it could be last year's model, as the grease zerks for the spindles are accessed via removeable covers instead of the rubber plugs I saw at Peterman's lot. The salesman told me the side discharge mowers didn't sell nearly as fast as the rear discharge models. This is the third side discharge I've had - MMM on a Cub 154 Lowboy, RMM on Ford 1210, and this one. I much prefer RMM and side discharge. Works best for me.................chim ....

Landpride AT2560

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-27          37898

Chim, I have the AT2572 and like it very much. Very well made, seems to have plenty of steel around it.

David ....

Landpride AT2560

View my Photos
chim

2002-04-27          37899

The first rear-mount mower I bought was a Caroni. It has given me reasonably good service, although the arms that the wheels mount on have been a problem. I have used and abused it, so I can't really blame the mower. There were a number of times I put old blades on it and took it places more suited to a rotary mower. I nearly bought another Caroni for the new tractor, but after looking at the Landprides, decided on an AT2560. The Landpride has greater lift, and I am very happy that's what I settled on. I have picked up a used rotary so the Landpride won't see some of the rugged stuff the Caroni was subjected to.........chim ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login