Go Bottom

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
Max Meade
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-07-07          40130

I just bought a new tractor; a Kuboto B7500 HST. I am in the market to purchase a finish mower for it. A local implement dealer has a Tecma brand mower. It has a good price, but I know nothing about the company. Has anyone got any info on this mower; or even better, a web address for the company. I know you get what you pay for, but if I buy a Woods Mower like I want, then the only implement that I will own is a Woods Mower. I figured I would start out a little cheaper and then upgrade as implements wear out. Thanks for ya'lls help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
chim

2002-07-07          40132

Been there. While I don't recognize that brand, there's a brand called Caroni that has a RFM that has done a decent job for me. It suffered a lot of abuse over 8 years, and was stored outside uncovered the whole time. I did need to weld the wheel brackets to the deck top after snapping a few bolts off. The deck was used in meadows and fields on occasion. There's a place called Agri-Supply or something like that handling them down South. I bought a new "quill" (I'd call it a spindle assembly) from them after running into a pipe and stripping the threads for the nut that holds the one blade. They'll ship stuff- including complete mowers - anywhere. I read somewhere that the Caroni mowers are also sold under another name, but I forgot what it is.

Since getting the new tractor this Spring, I bought a used KK brush hog to save the new Landpride so it wouldn't have to put up with some of the things the Caroni was forced to. One thing nice about the Landpride is the pneumatic tires. The deck doesn't get as pounded around as the Caroni w/ solid tires. ....

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
M. Meade

2002-07-07          40133

Yes, the place is called Agri-Supply and actually,I live only a few miles from the one in Petersburg,VA. The Caroni mower they have is $150.00 bucks higher than the Tecma at another local dealer. The other implement dealer said the Tecma uses the same blades as the Caroni, is also made in Italy, and when I compared them,they were almost identical,right down to the warning lables! Still, it's a lot of money to pay for something made by a company I know nothing about. I'm wandering, mabey Caroni might be making this mower under the Tecma brand name? Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ....

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-08          40143

Dispite perceptions most of the Italian equipment is of relatively good quality. If you look through the Italian equipment sites you will see some innovative implements not sold here.
I bought a Buhler from the JD dealer last year to replace my LP for the same $ reasons. It is made in Canada and is less money due to the exchange rate. It is a little early to tell but I think it is of relatively good quality comparable the the LP.
Bulher is larger than LP in farm implements so hopefully more stable. ....

Link:   Bulher

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
chim

2002-07-08          40178

From a post on another board:

"I have a 'private labeled' caroni.....marked as a WAC. When I bought the tractor, I got the mower with it. It was a year old at that time. I have had it an additional year.It is a 60" rear discharge. I have had no problems with it at all. The blades seem to hold an edge well as mentioned above. The grease zerks are where you can get to them easily.Cuts very smooth. I have noticed the last 2 times I was able to cut between raindrops that there was some oil on top of the gearbox but have no idea why yet."

This post reminds me of the one thing I'd change with the Caroni - grease zerk access. Mine didn't have the optional extension kit which is a tubing setup that connects to the zerks on the three shafts and extends to beyond the belt guards. The location of the zerks on mine is on the top of the deck, under the pulleys...............chim ....

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
pieter

2002-07-13          40344

Understand that Tecma, which is a copy of the Caroni ( and made in the same town in Italy ) is either no longer producing these units or may get out of it. I have no proof but was told so lasst week in Italy. The blades are interchageable and so are th tires wiht Caroni and WAC. After-Market parts are avaiable for both Caroni and Tecma from Buy Smart, which is part of First Choice ( website www.FirstChoiceEquipoment.net ).

Good luck ! ....

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
M. Meade

2002-07-14          40370

I want to thank everyone who responded to my message. I think I will go ahead and pay the extra $150 and purchase the Caroni. That way I know I can get replacement parts and blades at Agri Supply. Again, thank you for your help in making my choice.

MM

Tecma Finish Mower

View my Photos
CCImports

2002-07-14          40375

The Tecma, Sitrex, Sicma (First Choice) and Caroni drive parts are interchangable. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login