Go Bottom

3PT Rear Mount Finish Mowers

View my Photos
mcsd126
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-05          54361

I currently use a 60" MMM on my NH TC29D, I like the results that the MMM gives me but I just don't like the hassle of taking it off to do other tasks . My property is mainly flat and I was wondering what everyones feelings are on the MMM versus a 3PT mower. I have looked at the Land Pride and King Kutter brands and both look like nice units, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-05-05          54366

Of those two, Land Pride is the better made unit. If you want quality, Woods, Befco, Bush Hog and Servis Rhino also make excellent units. The Midwest line, is a superb value if you can find a dealer. There are many others including some Italian models that are well made and reasonable.
Pacesetter ....

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-06          54376

I use a 5' King Kutter behind my TC29. It doesn't mow as well as the 42" Lowes mower that I used to used, but the combination is a lot faster and more comfortable. I would rate the quality of cut as "satisfactory" to "good".
Bill ....

View my Photos
Bernie Galgoci

2003-05-06          54394

I've never had a MMM for exactly the reason you state ... the on/off hassle. I run a 6 foot Landpride rear discharge mower on the TPH. I outline the buildings and cut around some other "trouble spots" with a 38 inch side discharge deck on a lawn tractor, then zoom through the open spaces with the 6 foot. I'm sure someone with a trained or better eye would see a difference, but side by side like this, I really don't notice a difference in the cut - although I'm not at all particular about these kinds of things to begin with. (There was a discussion here on the board once about mowing grass in a "yard" and mowing grass in a "lawn." I definitely have a "yard.") Anyway, I went with a Landpride because I thought it was good quality and I'm close to the dealer. Good luck with whatever you decide. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-06          54397

Mike,

I would suggest the Land Pride AT2672. The extra width will give you some sorely needed overlap. You are going to have to get used to craning your neck around to watch what you are doing alot more with a rear finish mower. Land Pride makes VERY good quality equipment and does not charge near as much for the color of their paint. ....

Link:   Land Pride AT2672 Link

Picture Link

View my Photos
stevenc

2003-05-30          56017

For the quality of the product and the price,,I couldnt beat the price of "First Choice" rear discharge mower,,,,it does a pretty job and was also about $500.00 cheaper than anyone else,,I got it in Newton,NC from "OK tractors.com" ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login