Go Bottom

finish mowers - good or not so good

View my Photos
krambull
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-10          76552

I'm looking to purchase a rear 72" , rear discharge finish mower. I've researched Bush Hog, Howse, Woods, Land Pride, King Kutter,and Buhl and I would appreciated any positive or negative experiences owning the above mentioned brands.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-10          76573

Look for the blade tip speed. Normally the higher the better. Take a look at the decks on the underside. Rear discharge if to have a flaw it would be in tall grass situations they will windrow from the blades on the right. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-10          76586

The L590 RFM I had on my Kubota L245 was a real nice mower. I have had very good experience with Land Pride equipment. The FDR2572 would be a good choice for your L3130. ....

Link:   click here

View my Photos
Peters

2004-02-10          76595

It has been 3 or more years since I replaced my 3 pt mower. My Buhler has been good for me and does a nice cut. The old Landpride I had was sturdy and well constructed but did not provide as nice a cut. ....

View my Photos
JDF415

2004-02-12          76742

Woods and Buhler (FarmKing) are both good mowers. The Woods is a bit heavier construction, but slightly higher priced. If you have a JD dealer near by, you can look at their "Frontier" line. They have a Heavy-duty line (made by woods) and a light duty line (made by befco)of finish mowers.
You might also consider a belly mount finish mower, if mowing around alot of obstacles. With the belly mount mower, if you turn the tractor right... the mower goes right. With a rear mount mower however, if you turn right.. the mower will swing to the left. Could cause damage to fences or small trees if not cautious while making tight turns. Mid mount mowers are easier for less experienced tractor operators to operate. You can look down and see the mower, instead of having to look back. Just something to consider. Belly mount mowers however, do cost more and are not as easy to install and remove as a 3 pt mower. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-03-08          79279

I got a "First Choice" rear discharge,,I used it this weekend ,for the first tim,, love it, ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login