Go Bottom

To simplify--IYO--Who makes the BEST finish mower

View my Photos
jonathanengr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-19          83645

I'm looking at new and used finishing mowers, and have posted asking about King Kutter and Douglas, and have also made a few calls on Woods and Bushog brands.

To save some time, in *your* opinion, who makes the best residential-use finish mower and why?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Zippy-Do-Da
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-19          83654

What kinda equipment are you running? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-19          83659

What type of grass do you have and how often do you feed it? How often can you mow. Different make mowers do a better job on different types of grass. You need to find one that works with your situation. ....

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-04-20          83695

I'm pretty set on buying a Kubota 3430 with a cab. As for my grass, the front yard was planted with Rebel Exceda grass seed (sorry--I don't know the specific types). I have fertilized it with a time-release fertilizer/weed killer that's supposed to fertilize for two months. I think it was a 28-2-2 fertilizer, and boy is my grass green!

The back yard, side field and back field are anyone's guess. I know I have some winter rye in the fields, but that's about it. I plan to reseed all of that (till it under and start from scratch) perhaps in the fall. But for now, it's a veeeeeery thick, fast-growing grass with tall brown stems and regular green grass underneath. The actual back "yard" is mainly fescue I'd assume that's very patchy with weeds, brown spots and bare areas where I've had stumps removed and electrical lines placed underground. Lots of work to do there.

Anyway, in the end, I plan on having a veeeery nice, thick stand of grass similar to the front in all of the field areas and back yard. It'll total about 4 acres or so. As for feeding, I'll just fertilize a couple of times a year (unless, of course, anyone has a better suggestion!). ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login