Go Bottom

Sitrex Finish Mowers

View my Photos
Mike1819
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-28          99435

Has anyone heard anything about or used a Sitrex finish mower? My JD dealer suggested one to me that has a 91" cut. I cut about 15 acres of grass each week and currently using a Land Pride side discharge 72" mower and my JD X595 with a 62" deck.
Would the mower be too big for my JD 4700?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Sitrex Finish Mowers

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-01          99655

You can answer that question best! Do you have more power then you can use now? Can you mow faster then you could sit on the seat? If so then go! ....

Sitrex Finish Mowers

View my Photos
DownHomeDraft
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-11          109687

Did you notice where the grease fittings are for the blade spindles? And don't lift your 3 point to high.

I've had my 72" Sitrex for 3 or 4 years and those fittings are hard to get at, they should have been on the top like most mowers you see.

Be careful when you lift the mower with your 3 point hitch. The very first time I used my Sitrex on my Ford 2000 I lifted it to high and bent the power take off shaft on the leading edge of the mower. ($90 mistake) The mower should had been desighed with the gear box closer to the front of the mower or maybe I should have been paying more attention to what I was doing.

Every mowing season I have to remind myself to adjust the stop of my 3 point hitch to limit it's lifting height, cause if I don't, eventually they'll be another ($90 mistake)

Other than that it's been realiable and does cuts good,
but I would not buy another one.

Sitrex Finish Mowers

View my Photos
JAZAK5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-13          109805

I have the sm180 72 inch rear discharge sitrex mower with the solid tires and the anti scalp roller.
love it
use it behind a jd 790 I dont have the 3 pt lifting clearence problem and have no problem lifting at full height to sharpen blades or to clean the deck.
plenty of grease fittings that are very accessable and the belts are easy to tighten.
the only thing I did was goto pneumatic tires and dropped the pressure to keep the bouncing under control at speed
I love the flat grass clippings vs the blow and clog ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login