Go Bottom

steering problems

View my Photos
Freeway1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-20          183588

I just bought a 1980-82 hinomoto E324. it had a small hydraulic leak on the right side of the steering gear box. the steering quit turning but the steering wheel will still turn. I repaired the leak but the steering still does not turn the wheels. I never heard a pop or anything. any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

steering problems

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-21          183594

So it worked till you repaired the leak correct?

Is there any mechanical linkage between the steering box and the front wheels or it just hydraulic operated? If hydraulic have you check the fluid level and have you operated the system enough it could bleed any air out?

steering problems

View my Photos
Freeway1

2012-05-21          183595

i have added the fluid to it and it is all hydraulics. every once and awhile it will move the tires but most of the time the steering wheel is free movement. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-21          183596

If it was working just leaking before you repaired it my guess is there is air in the system and it may take working the steering several times back and forth to work the air out. Would not think you have to bleed the system. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-05-21          183600

There is other possibly issues: but is there possibility the system is sucking air and not fluid and thus NOT pumping fluid? ....

steering problems

View my Photos
Freeway1

2012-05-21          183601

i did run it for about 2 hours today while turning the steering wheel but it hasnt help much. i think it may be sucking air somewhere. good thought, ill check it tomorrow. i appreciate all you have done. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-05-21          183602

Think on what you loosen to do the work and it probably is one of those connections or gasket. Hope you well in your hunting. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
Freeway1

2013-01-05          185870

after tearing into the gearbox, i found that the ball-bearing were not there and the tube that holds the bearings in place was missing also. I need the bearings and tube or ansteering gearbox from the base to the steering wheel, less the wheel. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2013-01-05          185872

Hinomoto is no longer supplying parts. I do have non power steering parts for other brands, butthe power units are usually different. I may be able to find a used unit or a i have new units for other brands. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
Freeway1

2013-01-06          185884

please help me with the best solution. If you can find me a used unit, that would be great. thank youy very much for helping. ....

steering problems

View my Photos
Murf

2013-01-06          185886

Put a gauge on it. If the power steering has its own pump and it ran dry from the leak an internal seal may have been wrecked. No pump seal, no pressure, no steering.

Any decent hydraulics shop should be able at least diagnose it if not fix it, even with aftermarket components.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login