Go Bottom

Hinomoto E2602 Tractor converts to Massey Ferguson Tractor Model

View my Photos
hinomotohere
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-17          188964

Before I started this post, I read a great deal of the Hinomoto discussions trying to answer a question I've had about my tractor since before I bought it 14 years ago. I have a Hinomoto E2602 2wd tractor. The tractor was built sometime between 1982 and 1992. The engine was manufactured by Toyosha, listed as a Toyosha 35139, is a 1.4 liter (84.82 ci) 3 cylinder diesel.

The tractor has 12 forward gears and 3 reverse gears. If what I've been told, both before and since we purchased it, is correct my tractor is basically a Massey Ferguson in a Japanese disguise but I've been unable to discover which model. I had to do a repair on the hydraulic pump, located under the seat, about 7 years ago. He has since retired, but my parts supplier obtained the pump's diagram, part numbers, etc. from his microfiche file which had MF's logo at the top and the part numbers were all MF as well. Is anyone here familiar with my Hinomoto model or know how I could find the Massey Ferguson model it's related to?

We're probably going to sell this tractor soon so I tried to find its approximate current value but came up empty there as well except for one, an E2602 with 5' tiller, I found in Romania that had been sold for $5377.25. Mine shows 1052 hours, is barn kept, well maintained, and is in very good condition. I thought finding equipment value would be a simple matter. I guess being grey market complicates things. Ours has been a great little tractor, extremely dependable, and I have zero complaints about it except for the many labels in Japanese only and the fact that it left the factory without a radiator overflow resorvoir. Thank you, in advance, for your time, advice, and pointing in the right direction, on my behalf.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-17          188971

It is closest to a MF1030 or 1040 ....

View my Photos
hinomotohere

2014-02-17          188972

Wow! That was a fast answer. Thank you. I checked Massey Ferguson specs a minute ago. The 1030 is a 1.4 liter and the 1040 is a 2.0 or 1.7 liter so I'm going to lean heavily toward your first answer, the 1030. Thanks again for the helpful information. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-17          188977

Hinomothere,

I think lsheafer has Hinomoto manuals and parts you may need, he has been helping our members here since 1999, so comes highly recommended! ....

View my Photos
Lowery

2016-05-01          195096

I am in need of any manuals for a Hinomoto E2004 or any models that are fairly close to a E2004. Another member said you were the person to talk to. If you can help me, please give me a reply. Thanks

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2016-05-01          195103

Just sent you an email. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login