Go Bottom

Weight of steel beams

View my Photos
trbomax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-10          93131

Does anyone have a link to tables with this info ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Weight of steel beams

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-10          93134

Because the cross sections can be so different it would be tough to judge any one type of beam from a table. Steel weighs about 490 lbs per cubic ft or 7.8 grams per cubic cm.

If you know the cross sectional area of the beam you're interested in you can calculate the total weight.
Dave ....

Weight of steel beams

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-10          93135

Try the link below, it is a calculator that you actually install on your machine, it gives the weights for all sorts of profiles, and in different materials too.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Metal Weight Calculator

Weight of steel beams

View my Photos
JD855inWI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-10          93136

If you can get your hands on a "Machinists Handbook" you'll find the tables in there for all types of beams. You just need to know the basic dimensions and web thickness, it will get you real close. Try the public library, because I don't think you'll find it on line. It is about $65 to purchase and had dat on everything. stuff like "eye" bolts strengths in straight and angular pulls. Chain and hooh data, good resource ....

Weight of steel beams

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-10          93138

I thought this might be of help in your computations. ....

Link:   Steel tools and conversion tables

Weight of steel beams

View my Photos
beagle

2004-08-10          93139

The American Institute of Steel Construction publishes standard shape tables for all hot rolled shapes available in the US. (AISC.org) You can also abtain this information from the U.S. producers of Structural Steel shapes, NucorYmato, txiChaparral, and Steel Dynamics. Bethelehem and United States Steel used to publish shape tables but neither one of them produce hot rolled structural shapes any more. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login