Go Bottom

Pincor portable generator

View my Photos
Marc Osterbur
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-26          139191

i recently aquired a 16 hp 5500 watt pincor generator circa 1975 After getting the briggs engine running, realized there was no AC output. This generator has very few hours on it. I could find no breakers on the panel. I need some suggestions on what to check next. There has been some conversation about "flashing". Could anyone explain this process to me? Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-27          139197

Flashing is best left to dirty ol men in trench coats.

SORRY Couldn't resist.

Flashing is to restore the polarity in the fields. I have instructions on how to flash my gen set.

The concern I have about posting is: your circuity is or may be different the recifiers would not handle the wrong connection.

If you want to try it email me; harvey "at" odyssey "dot" net Put FLASH GENERATOR in the subject line, I'll watch my spam folder for a couple of days and I'll send you how mine is done.

You will have to proceed at your own risk.

Best option is call a Gen repair shop to flash it. plus they can fix any other problems that might be present.

Good Luck Harvey ....

View my Photos
Marc Osterbur
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-27          139203

Thanks for your response, Harvey. I agree that taking this unit to a gen shop is probably the best, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. You can look for the e-mail to follow. Thanks ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login