Go Bottom

Onan ignition coil

View my Photos
Barry Horne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-11          93232

Hi , I have two Onan powered genset/welders.One miller and one lincoln.Both have faulty coils and I've been trying to find aftermarket replacements to no avail.A friend told me that NAPA/Echlin have them but I tried the local UAP/NAPA store and they can't find any listing (I'm in Canada).Has anyone ever bought one and might you have the part #.

Thanks in advance ,
Barry Horne

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Onan ignition coil

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-01          95292

Somewhere I read that some Kolher and Onan and maybe even Wisonsin/Continental engies share parts. Here's a couple sources for engine parts in the Detroit arae: J. Thomas Dist. Inc. 1-800-828-7980 and Heat Engineering in Detroit. MI (sorry don't have nummber). Have you tried e-bay---sometimes there will be guys parting out engines and maybe they have parts resources too. ....

Onan ignition coil

View my Photos
bigpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-01          95296

Just stumbled upon your message. Try Precise Engine repair. Plenty of parts listed on the site. Link below....If you don't see it on the site, give Bruce a call. Great small company to work with. A rare source for Onan parts. Pete ....

Link:   Precise Engine repair

Onan ignition coil

View my Photos
wmgeorge
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-01          151006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Horne | view 93232
Hi , I have two Onan powered genset/welders.One miller and one lincoln.Both have faulty coils and I've been trying to find aftermarket replacements to no avail.A friend told me that NAPA/Echlin have them but I tried the local UAP/NAPA store and they can't find any listing (I'm in Canada).Has anyone ever bought one and might you have the part #.Thanks in advance ,Barry Horne

They show dealers around the world this is the link for North America > http://www.cumminspower.com/na/products/generators/

They have a local office in Des Moines Iowa and are nice to deal with... BG in Iowa ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login