Go Bottom

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
rkevis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-27          111613

I have a Jinma 254 and it won't start .Ran fine for 57 hours
It cranks over very slowly ,battery connections and starter are all good .
It seems something is binding in the engine.Disconected hydraulic pump ,disengaged PTO,
Any suggestions ?
What is the price of a new block?
thanks
Ray Kevis

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-28          111650

Before you get ahead of your self load test the battery to make sure is is not low. ....

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-30          111736

Ray,don't jump the gun just yet,if you do need parts we have them including crankshafts,bearings,and a complete motor if needed.Lets try and help you fix it.We have had starters that tested out good but were bad,hydraulic pumps could cause it .clutch not completly dis engaged,can you spin the motor over freely with the de-compression lever held open.I have been working on these tractors for years and have only replaced one complete motor due to the block had water in it and during shipping froze and cracked,call me if you would like to discuss,or answer on here

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Link:   Webpage

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
Magilla13

2005-08-22          115241

Tommy I have having a similiar problem with my Jinma 224, it has 56 hrs on it and wont turn over a bit, I have cheked the battery and pto nothing. Got any suggestions?
Also what would be a fair price for this tractor ince it it running again, I want a bigger one. ....

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
affordable

2005-08-22          115259

Rays problem was rod bearing due to running engine out of oil,you will have to start by seeing if you can put a socket on the crankshaft to see if the engine turns over,if yes it could be a more minor problem,if no you will need to drop the oil pan to inspect the rod bearing,did you run low or out of oil ?keep me posted

Tommy

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
Magilla13

2005-08-23          115282

Oil level is fine, all lights work battery has a full charge, still nothing. My guessis that its is a switch, fuse or connections someplace. My fisrt guess is the switch that engages when you press the clutch all the way in could this be it? Where can I get a new one. I need to get the tractor running, I plan to sell or trade in on a bigger model, this one is just too small. ....

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-08-23          115284

That's called the clutch interlock. Pull the connector, and put a jumper wire between the two female terminals. If your tractor starts now, it's the interlock. From that point, it's your choice whether or not you want to replace the switch - or keep the bypass.

//greg// ....

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
affordable

2005-08-23          115315

We have just about any part you need,do as Greg said on the jumper wire.If thats it I recommend you replace it.If that does not do it jump the starter across with a screwdriver to see if it turmns over

Tommy

Jinma 254 Slow turn over

View my Photos
Circlegtractors

2005-11-28          120008

I would check that quick coupler again going to the hydraulic pump, undo and redo. Sounds like you've got some back pressure not letting the engine turn freely. Let us know what you find. We also have any part you would need.

Phillip
Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login