Go Bottom

284 Jinma

View my Photos
cajun5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-23          112660

I am thinking of getting a Jinma 284 with FEL I will be using this for mowing 5 acre pasture handing Round bales of hay and handling horse manure is the 284 large enough for this . Also what can anyone tell me about Nelson Equipment in Albany OR. are the a good company to beal with Price seems to be good for a crate tractor

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

284 Jinma

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-23          112691

Before you consider using a JM284 for round bales, consider that the TPH is only rated at about 875 pounds. Of course, you can get around that little stumbling block by putting the bale moving hardware up front on the FEL. But that does little more than move the problem. The front drive mechanisms and steering then become exceedingly vulnerable

//greg// ....

284 Jinma

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-06-23          112693

Only the 25hp version of the Y385 engine is EPA certified. some dealers are offering 284s with 25HP engines, all you get with more HP is the decal, so I wouldn't pay extra for a 284. The 200 series is not really suitable for round bale handling. I would go to 300 series (30 OR 35hp). a kama ts254c Can be fitted with Koyker 160 and have enough lift to handle up ro 1500, I would not recommend that much weight on the front of a 200 series Jinma. Also the lift box on the 25HP KAMA is the same as 300 series Jinma and can handle about 1000 lbs on the 3 point. ....

284 Jinma

View my Photos
tony ny

2005-09-18          116603

some dealers still can get the 284s with 28hp motors if thay are enrolled in the tpem epa program witch nelsons is enrolled in. ....

284 Jinma

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-18          116610

The TPEM is for 1-engine family only,be careful as we have had all of our containers checked by the EPA,Nelson has had some dealings with them also and knows what they are looking for,I would not play with fire it burns.All dealers can get the 28 hp non-epa this is nothing special,with the demerage,delays,and other related problems why would you?,90% of the customers could not show me the 3hp difference in what they would be using the tractor for,the epa version starts faster ,runs smoother.You just bump the key on the 354 and it's running.I highly recommend the EPA version to anyone looking

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login