Go Bottom

valve adjustment

View my Photos
jvillejoe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-15          117920

I'm getting ready to adjust the valves on my Jinma 224 w/Y380 engine. Whats the easiest way to turn the engine while doing this. There's sure not alot of room around the crank pully. Also, going back from the front of the engine is the valve sequence, Intake, exhaust,intake, exhaust, intake, exhaust?
Thanks in advance.
Joe

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

valve adjustment

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-16          117976

Did you try turning it over by the cooling fan? ....

valve adjustment

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-16          117978

You should remove at least the fan shroud, if not the entire radiator to get safe clearance to put a socket wrench on the crank pulley. If you don't want to do that, you can remove an inspection port cover, and rotate the clutchpack with a prybar. In either case, do so ONLY after opening the compression release.

I don't know if it's a misprint in the Jinma manual or what, but it says the decompression lever opens the intake valves. I have my doubts - but IF that's true, it means the first valve behind the radiator is an exhaust.

//greg// ....

valve adjustment

View my Photos
oneace

2005-10-16          117979

I am in no way a Jimma expert but I would have to feel the same way as Greg. All the decomps I have seen open the exhaust. ....

valve adjustment

View my Photos
jvillejoe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-16          117987

I thought about opening the decompression lever, but with the valve cover off the linkage is disconnected. I guess I could try turning the decompression shaft with a wrench. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login