Go Bottom

first tractor

View my Photos
john
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-02          122127

hello all new to this but here goes i am looking to buy a new 220 jinma tractor here in north carolina for 4888.00 would like to know if this is a good tractor an what i should look for. i don't think its a epa an don't know what that means. i only have 3 acreas to care for an thought i mite buy a fel for it. scrape blade box blake, brush hog. will this tractor do the job. and what is the diffents in a none epa tractor and are parts east to get for both. here is the link to there web site.

Link:   http://www.smithsenterprise.com/

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

first tractor

View my Photos
chipuren

2006-01-02          122130

Hi,

A JM220 would be a 2 wheel drive unit. Does it have power steering? If not a Farm Pro 20HP tractor can be had for that (or less) and will have a 2 year parts and labor warranty up to 2000 hours. The 20HP engine is not EPA certified (except Homier/Farm Pro). Many are imported under TPEM program and if done correctly are legal to import. There do not appear to be any major differences between the Homier Y380 engine with EPA label and the non EPA version, so most all parts should be interchangagbe. This is assuming you are getting a Yangdong Y380 engine, some Jinma tractors have been arriving with laidong 380 engines and parts for those are not as common.

Since the 4wd version of this tractor sells for about 6K, I think the price is fair.

You will be pleased with the tractor, they work well, sometimes an occasional minor problem, but all in all a great value. this tractor will outlast 3 or 4 sheet metal framed riding mowers and save a bunch on fuel costs too. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
john

2006-02-05          124091

yes the 220 does have power streeing thank for the informantion ....

first tractor

View my Photos
corvetteguy

2006-02-06          124122

Don't sweat the non EPA rating.
What it means is the government
hasent made it computer controlled
like the cars, lawnmowers, chainsaws
sold in california.
Remember when you can fix you car
yourself (before computer). That
is what epa means.
George ....

Picture Link

first tractor

View my Photos
bluechipstuff

2006-02-06          124132

Actually, there is still no computer control on epa engines from Yangdong, there is some electronic engine control for some of the 35HP engines from Jaingsu Jiangdong. Basically I think they just had to better tune the existing engines to pass. They are very efficient and so didn't make much smog to begin with. You are right that soon they will all have to be computer controlled...better buy while you can! ....

first tractor

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-06          124141

That's sort of the way it is with automotive engines. A moderate compression engine with no smog controls and in good tune can do very well on emissions tests. As the engine drifts out of tune the exhaust gets dirtier, so smog controls generally clean it up after the fact. Since manufacturers had to offer an emissions control warranty, whether or not the owner ever had engines tuned, they plastered on all sorts of abominations (EGR valves? Yech). ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login