Go Bottom

Jinma 254 oil warning light

View my Photos
Fieldporter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-26          123549

We have a Jinma 254 with about 100 hours on it, used lightly. The oil warning light comes on after a minute or two, starting dim and getting brighter. We've checked the oil levels (front axle, gearbox, engine, hydraulics). What might the cause be and how do we fix it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-26          123556

Is yours the version with gauge and idiot light? or idiot light only?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Fieldporter

2006-01-26          123559

Sorry, I should have said that the oil pressure guage reads fine (about 3/4 pressure). It is the red oil warning light that is on. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-26          123560

I have a 2425 Jinma my pressure gauge went to zero. After oil change filter change it was the sending unit located right above the dipstick. I turned it back and forth slightly and every thing went back to working. I has been fine every sence. Hope yours is that simple. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-01-26          123565

OK, that's a start. Has this idiot light issue just started happening? or are you just tired of putting up with it after 100 hours? If it's new, have you recently changed oil/filter? Did you ever flush the engine crankcase when it was new?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2006-01-26          123570

Do you have the cluster gages? and is tere a wire attached to the "W" terminal on your sending unit? Is there a chance you are talking about the light that is supposed to come on with the key? it is a stand alone light used with the individual gages. (Farm Pros don't have a light, just the gage, but other importers may have both now) ....

View my Photos
Fieldporter

2006-01-26          123584

Amazing. Here we are in New Zealand with a problem solved by people the other side of the world! We removed, cleaned, proded and poked the oil sending unit, put new plumber's white tape back on it, put it back into the engine block and the loil warning ight now longer comes on when the engine is running. Many thanks, AJH ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login