Go Bottom

Jinma 354

View my Photos
Locksleyred
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-24          125039

Will be picking up my JM 354 direct from China soon. Anything to be watchful of when putting the thing together? Any hints quirks about the machine when operational would be handy.

Mike ( from Australia)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma 354

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-24          125042

Before you even start it, drain every single drop of fluid and flush the hell out of everything; radiator/engine block, engine oil, front diff, creeper/shuttle, trans/diff, hydraulics/steering. Coolant flush for radiator/block naturally, kerosene for everything else. I use a fine mesh to filter what comes out, looking for big chunks. Use a large container to drain, more will come out than you put in. Flush twice if visual inspection so dictates. Change all filters, and refill with quality local coolant/lube products.

Make sure the brake housings are clean and dry (best done with floorboards and fenders removed). Clean/unfreeze all grease zerks before attempting to apply a grease gun, then top up all grease points.

Shuttle shift? or creeper gears? Any implements/loader/backhoe?

//greg// ....

Jinma 354

View my Photos
locksleyred

2006-02-25          125094

Thanks Greg for your quick and somewhat disturbing reply. Will do, but looking for big chunks coming out,.... wow! Is this common with Jima tractors? I thought that the Jinmas would have had the least amount of problems as I am led to believe they are now one of the most common tractors around the world. Your advice will be taken on board and carried out, so I gather stop flushing when chunks stop appearing?

The one I'm getting is the 35hp 4WD model I am also getting the 4 in 1 bucket ,the back hoe and the finish mower. You have made me worry now as the whether i've done the right thing.

It has no creeper gear and that's the only reason why I didn't get the trencher.

Is this a good forum for getting advice on the Jinma?

Thanks for your advice and any other help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike ( from downunder ) ....

Jinma 354

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-27          125212

Can't speak for Australian imports, but there's a growing concensus among Americans that Jinmas (possibly Chinese tractors in general) are shipped with waste fluids under the assumption that it's a cheap way to preserve the hardware during saltwater transit and extended warehousing. I guess it's also presumed that the selling dealer will drain/flush/refill as part of the "dealer prep". In the case of self-imports, you're that dealer.

Since you've already committed to the equipment, there's no point in relating why others have decided against such additional purchases. But you can read of their experiences in several other tractor forums that have a considerably larger Chinese equipment owner membership. Basically, the FEL load rating and controlability make it less desireable than American-made aftermarket loaders which can be had for only a few hundred more. The mower has a very loud transmission and poor rubber. Many use grease in the tranny rather than gear oil. Replacement belts and tires bring the adjusted price pretty close to low-end American mowers. Depending upon which backhoe you got, there's a lot to read about them as well. Basically they're twitchy - like the FELs - and in some instances required fabrication of frame supports. At least one guy broke his tractor in half while using the backhoe. But before you get a heart attack, I think it might have been one of the lighter duty 200 series Jinmas.

Send me a private message via this website, and I'll give you a short list of a few other self-help addresses.

//greg// ....

Jinma 354

View my Photos
Locksleyred

2006-02-28          125281

Thanks once again Greg. The main reason why I went for the implements was that pricewise stuff like that over here is way too expensive, if it were simply a couple of hundred extra then I would not have bothered.

Can I take the greese out of the mower dif and replace with oil? My guess is that the dif won't hold oil.

Will read the other forums if I can get your address it didn't show as no doubt there is a block on such addresses. Having said that you can find locksleyred "at" you know that famous American Rodeo saying, and its not the "YEEHA" one. Dot COMputer dot AUstralia.

Mind you have read most articles on this site and they are very informative, but, you can always learn more.

I'm looking to have fun with my tractor lots of small jobs to do on my 50 acre farm. Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Mike ( from under the Southern Cross ) ....

Jinma 354

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-02-28          125287

Well, I see you're posting anonymously - so that's probably why you can't access the email and PM feature located in my forum profile. I tried to decipher your "encrypted" email address, but obviously interpreted something incorrectly. Undeliverable.

Sounds like there's already grease IN the tranny. You can try gear oil I suppose - don't think I'd use anything thinner than 140W - but it's likely to have a noisy result.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login