Go Bottom

Jinma 254

View my Photos
falgrin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-26          125206

I Wanted to know if anyone could tell me if I needed three types of fluids or just two when it comes to changing,Motor / Three point,FEL and transmission/front axle ??? Any reply would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma 254

View my Photos
RanchHand

2006-02-27          125209

I use 15-40 for engine and fuel injection pump, AW32 for hydraulic, 80-90 GL5 for the gear boxes.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply ....

Jinma 254

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-27          125215

Almost the same here;
15W40 for the engine
80W90 for front end and tranny/rear diff
AW32 for hydraulics and steering is fine for Tennessee
but I personally prefer ISO100 (detergent) compressor oil in the injection pump.

Don't forget the cooling system. Both my JM254s had nothing in them but rusty water. Took three flushings to get clean water to come out, then I refilled with a 50/50 anti-freeze/water mix. I also had to replace the very poor quality radiator caps, thermostats/gaskets, and radiator hoses/clamps. They may have improved in the years since I got mine, so consider this info dated.

//greg// ....

Jinma 254

View my Photos
falgrin

2006-02-27          125242

Well I found MYSTIK AW ISO 46 HYD ,do think this is ok,TSC only had ISO 46 & ISO 64... What do the numbers indicate??? ....

Jinma 254

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-27          125254

AW and ISO numbers represent the same thing. AW/ISO32 is nice and thin for cold weather operation - about the same as 10W engine oil. AW or ISO46 is a little thicker, between 10W and 20W engine oil. AW or ISO64 is thicker yet, between 20W and 30W engine oil

If you're not going to use your tractor during the coldest winter months, AW46 will do you just fine down there. I'm 100 miles NW of Nashville, and use it year round. If you shed the tractor during the winter, AW46 will be ok. I don't recommend AW64.

Oh, and I'd also stay away from anything that doesn't say "NON-FOAMING" on the container. I get my non-foaming AW32 from NAPA.

//greg// ....

Jinma 254

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-02-27          125277

I have a farm pro 2425 I do agree with greg check all your hoses. Shipping them from china must take a long time because alot of the hoses maybe in bad shape. Change them, it will save you some field time,take them to a local parts store and they will have a hose that will fit. The return hose for the radiator on mine was matched to a ford fit like a champ. Change the fluids often i do not push the time limit.

good luck ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login