Go Bottom

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
mandtandk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-29          129996

I changed the hydraulic filter on my 25 horse Agracat the other day, and since then, my box blade acts like it has the hiccups. When I raise it, it creeps slowly down maybe 3 or 4 inches, then jumps back up. My FEL does not seem to be affected. I thought there might be air in my lines because my filter installs horizontaly, and I did not put any fluid in it when it was installed. However, I have used it for about 2 hours, hoping to get the air purged out somehow. This has not worked yet. Does anyone have any ideas to help me? Could my problem be some worn rubber part that is allowing fluid to bypass something somewhere? The tractor only has appx. 200 hours.
Thanks to all,
Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-29          129997

You could be sucking air into the hydraulics somewhere. Is the fluid foamy? ....

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
mandtandk

2006-05-29          129998

Thanks for the reply. Don't know if it is foamy. I'll have to check tomorrow. ....

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-29          129999

I had a 1947 Fordson 9N that did the same thing--turned out to be a chunk of rust formation on the inside bottom of the seat mount/reservoir flet down into the pump and split open.

Another thing may be air in the system that may work its way out if you load the 3 pt and use it vigorously. Air molecules are smaller thn oil so tye may purge themselves without any help over time.

Also, if you have draft control which is separate lever on some tractors, that may be disconnected or out of adjustment. My replacement for the old 9N, a New Holland TC33D had a simialr problem but the controol lever has a range in it for draft control called "mower position". Once it stopped working and turned out the actual control lever mounting bracket broke off, so I could move the lever but it wouldn't translate any motion to the hydraulics. ....

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-05-30          130020

earthwrks,

I thought Ford designed the hiccups into their old tractors. It was so common a company here built slides for farmers to use on their crop cultivators to keep them at stable height.

As to the hiccups since you replaced the hyd filter, have you checked your fuild level?

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-05-30          130023

I was told to fill the filter with Hydralic oil prior to installing to ensure not to put any air into the system.

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
oneace

2006-05-30          130076

From my experience (not with your brand) a leaking 3ph piston seal. ....

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
mandtandk

2006-05-30          130080

My filter installs horizontally, so I didn't put any fluid in it. I'm thinking air, at least I hope so. ....

hydraulic hiccups

View my Photos
mandtandk

2006-09-16          135225

oneace nailed it. It was a leaking 3pt piston seal. Thanks to all. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login