Go Bottom

Mounting troubles Koyker 160 to a Agracat 2940

View my Photos
Solotime
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-07          131859

Trying to mount a new Koyker 160 loader to my Agracat 2940. Have all the correct stuff from Koyker but I have 2 problems so far. #1 is that the front mounts have an offset on them as if the lower frame rail on my tractor is suppose to have an offset of about 1 1/4" from the rear of the mount and tractor's lower frame rail to the front of the mount which mates up with the bolted on box that held the front weights. I have them bolted on with the rear 2 bolts and the part of the bracket with the front 2 mounting bolts is approx. 1 1/4" away from the frame. Does this make sense to anyone? At this point I am planning on just making a spacer plate to fill the gap.
Problem #2
The long rails that bolt to the main mounting assembly and go rearwards and mount to the rear axle have no place to mount to the rear axle. The plate on the bottom of the axle has a rear facing tab welded to it which holds the 3 point arm regulating linkage. Am I missing something or do I need to fabricate a mount for this as well?
Hope you guys have some ideas for me.
Edwin

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-08          131863

Edwin,your front mounts are for the dropped battery box,you needed the old style front brackets that are straiught accross,you should be able to make spacers for the ones you have ,on the rear brackets,you have to change them to a different one that has the ears on both sides,if you don't feel like making them we have them.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

View my Photos
Solotime

2006-07-08          131868

Thanks Tommy...figured you would know what was up. I can fabricate the stuff I need. So the rear arm must have something like a fork on one end to match up with either 2 of or all 4 of the u bolts that go around the rear axle? Don't suppose you have a picture of one laying around? Anyhew thanks again,
Edwin ....

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-08          131880

I can take you a pic,but not until Monday I don't have my camera with me

Tommy

View my Photos
Solotime

2006-07-08          131883

No need...I made some rear mounts out of 1/2 plate and it worked out fine. Got the loader on the tractor and have 90% of the plumbing done. Now I have another problem. Can't seem to find the return port plug that they say is on the RH side of the seat. Pulled the seat off and the black fiberglass cover. All I can find that looks right is a large 3 stage plug that has a screw under the first cap and a somewhat long plug at the end. Looks like apressure adjuster or something. So I don't think that is right. I can't use the bolt that atatches the return line because thats a rather long bolt and the 90 degree elbow that they want me to install is very short.
????????
help please.
Thanks,
Edwin ....

View my Photos
affordable

2006-07-08          131896

You should have a short rubber hose coming off the back of the hydraulic pump that has a quick connect on it,un hook the quick connect the pressure side is the quick connect closest to the pump,go into the bottom of the joystick valve,the return will come out of the joysick valve back to the other end of the quick connect you took loose,that should be all the plumbing you have to do.

Tommy

View my Photos
Solotime

2006-07-08          131898

That's what I would have thought. Here are the instructions that came with the hose kit.
1. Install the male half of a quick coupler onto the end of a 42" hose. Then attach it to the control valve port marked pressure.
2. Next install the power beyond plug into the valve. Then install the female end of a quick coupler onto the end of a 42" hose. Attach it to the power beyond plug and the remaining coupler on the tractor. TIGHTEN ALL THE CONNECTIONS SECURELY.
3. Locate the return port on the tractor. It is on the RH side of the seat. Remove plug and install a 90 elbow into the port. Next attach the male half of a quick coupler onto the end of a 42" hose. Then install the female half of a quick cou
pler onto the end of a 36" hose.
4. Start the tractor actuate the loader to charge the hydraulic system with oil and add hydralic fluid to the tractor as required.....yadda yadda yadda
As per the diagram they have the pressure line running to the bottom port on the J/S valve. The Top port goes to the PBY or power beyond line which is where you had just disconnected the original pressure line quick disconnect. The top inside port is then suppose to be connected to the return port on the tractor which is the one I cannot find. So if I just use the 2 lines I would assume that I should put the plug back into the top port on the valve and connect that line to the return port which would be the inside top port on the valve. Make sense?
Edwin

View my Photos
Solotime

2006-07-09          131921

All is well with the loader now. Thanks again Tommy!

Questions:
How much air pressure in the front and rear tires (Ag)

I have a leaky center injector. I tried tightening it and it slowed it down to near zero but still leaks. I tried to remove it to check for cracks but it seems to lock up after turning maybe 1/2 turn. Don't want to break anything at this point. I have a spare injector but no lock bolt if I should twist it off. The bolt that holds the fuel line and fitting should just unscrew correct?
Edwin

Go Top

Share This

Member Login