Go Bottom

Help on my new Agricat 3720 Magnum

View my Photos
paulholt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-20          136158

I have several tractors and I wanted a smaller finish tractor for my landscape company. I bought a PAMPERED 2001 Agricat 3720 4x4. He paid $10k new have receipt, it has 200 hours and is like new he used it to mow a flat 5 acre lot and kept it in a climate controlled garage, I bought it with a 6'Buhler finish mower and a blade for $6k, it seemed fair for a like new machine, (this is much bigger than the farm pro 25). Anyway I bought it put on a new koyker 160 2" cylinder loader and it is great so far (very nice loader, with float). I have several tractors and I think this tractor is more than 35 h.p., it has to be 40+. Very impressed with the power, it will pull my 6'commercial box blade with authority, my 50 h.p Massey has more trouble. Very heavy little dude too.

Anyway I hate the gauges, it has the old style simple gauges can you upgrade them? I know electric but I need guages compatible to the senders?

The rear lift is Slow so is the steering, the fluid looks to be GOOD fluid (this tractor has a dual pump), the last owner changed it "the fluid" and I think Agricat made all there dealers change them when they imported, any help? It is hard to box blade with a slow responding lift. I wish it would steer faster also, but?

I would love to have the R4 industrial tires and rims, any place to buy them reasonable?

I am putting in a new building and put this cat through the paces today to level the pad, all day in 4x4 it did great, it is a little bull dog, it has no problem burring a full 60" bucket into top soil and Crusher run, and it lifts it with ease..

I know these are simple tractors, anything I should watch out for, I can tell the tie rods are going to be weak but everything else seems simple and strong.

Sorry for the long email...

Paul

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-20          136159

Jinma owners have reported good luck with the NAPA mechanical oil pressure gauge. No reason to think they couldn't help with the others.

Sounds like you might need thinner hydraulic fluid - OR - the suction strainer could be gunked up. Or both. I got rid of the 30W that was in mine, and went to a non-foaming AW32. No more waiting for the fluid to warm up before using the steering or TPH. I also replaced the suction screen. Quite a few folks are adding external filtration units.

In my experience, there is no such thing as a reasonably priced R4 and rim set. But FWIW, there's a dealer in TX that offers them for the 200 series. If I can remember who he is, he might have a source for your AgriCat.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
paulholt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-21          136164

Thanks for the reply greg, let me clarify the rear lift, raises VERY fast but it goes down too slow?.

ON the steering i am used to just about flicking the wrist and my other tractors will spin the wheel, this tractor just will not steer that fast, it has plenty of power but you can not rush it. I am going to call the guy I bought it from and see what fluid is in it. He said he never changed the power steering fluid, it looks like good fluid though. Are you referring to Affordable tractor in Texas?

Go Top

Share This

Member Login