Go Bottom

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-04          140195

What is the best way to remove the front wheel drive drive shaft?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

drive shaft

View my Photos
chipuren

2007-03-04          140198

The best advice is to do it on a clean floor or put a blanket under the tractor to catch the ball bearings that will likely fall out. Loosent the clamps on the rubbe boot in the middle of the cover and collaps the cover away from the ends of the shaft. One end will have a spring, push the shaft toward the spring and lower the other end. each end of the shaft has a collar with 6 (as I recall) ball bearings between the shaft and the collar, similar to a cv joint. ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-03-05          140225

Worked for me, Thanks ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
chipuren

2007-03-08          140289

I take it the noise was not caused by a dislocated push rod? ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-03-08          140309

I checked the push rod and they were all fine. I emoved the pan and foubd a rod bearing spun. Replaced those, put it back together and still the same noise. I filled the oil but noticed it does not show on the stick. Where could the oilhave gone????? No leaks and plug in place. Did not se an oil pump ,where is it located/ These may be dumb questions, First time working on a diesel engine. ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
chipuren

2007-03-09          140315

Ooh, sorry to hear that. Often when a bearing spins it takes the crank out with it, but oil pressure would be low in that case. The oil pump is driven off the timing gears and is under the front timing cover. ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-03-09          140336

the book that came with the tractor specifies 4.5-6 liters of oil. At 6 quarts it still dont show on the stick. How much should it hold? ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-10          140346

Quite a few Jinma 200 series owners have asked this question. But first I should point out that liters and quarts don't have a 1:1 ratio. 6 liters is closer to 6-1/2 quarts. And that's just the sump capacity, you have to consider the filter as well. I believe both my Y385s ~7.3 quarts (to include filter).

Additionally, it seems that YangDong for some reason fits two different oil pans to the Y385 engine. That's probably why your book indicates 4.5 to 6.0 liters. To compound the issue, the 4.5 dipstick could be stuck into the 6.0 oil pan or vice versa.

So let's start by finding out more info about your engine. What does it say on the engine label?

//greg// ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-03-10          140348

The label says TY 395I ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-10          140351

Oh, then you apparently don't have a 200 series. My mistake. That engine never went into the 200 series, and opens a whole nuther kettle of fish. What make/model of tractor are we actually talking about here?

If it's a 300 series, then definitely you need over 7 quarts. The sump itself holds nearly six and a half, and the larger capacity JX85100 filter takes probably close to another quart by itself

And again, consider that you might have gotten the wrong dipstick.

//greg// ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-03-10          140363

It is a farmpro 2430. I put 7 1/2 quarts and that worked. I still have a rattle in the engine It seems like no oil is getting the to the engine. oil I just put in has a grey tint,like mettal. Very low presure at idle and moves up a little when accelerating. I'm afraid to imagine whats next. ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-03-10          140364

Uh-huh. I'm getting the impression that you still have the original engine oil in that thing. Get rid of it - FAST. Reputable dealers who want satisfied (and return) customers, know enough to drain the stuff that the tractors were shipped with - and refill with some decent (read new & clean) multi-viscosity oil. This goes for the gear boxes, differentials, hydraulics, injection pump, and steering too.

It's a "New Chinese Tractor Owner's" mantra; drain, flush, refill. Repeat as required.

//greg// ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-03-20          140571

took the tractor to a diesel mechanic. He said it sounds like the piston slappin a valve. Not sure but who knows. Is there anywhere to get a repair manual written in better english? I guess I will teaR INTO IT MYSELF. ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-03-20          140572

You're way down on a very long list of guys who wish there were proper shop manuals for these tractors. Consider yourself lucky to have any kind of manual in English. The best you're going to come up with (on paper) is the operator/maintenance manual for the engine. Several of the engines (not all) have parts manuals in English as well. The exploded diagrams come in handy for troubleshooting.

I have a 395 in my KM454, but I don't think it's from the same manufacturer as yours. Could you post here the information that's on the engine plate please?

//greg// ....

drive shaft

View my Photos
chipuren

2007-03-20          140578

The Farm Pro 2430 uses a Jaingsu Jaingdong TY395 engine, older models didn't have glow plugs, but newer ones do. this is a direct inj. engine. Teh engine in the KM454 was a Feidong brand made by Shandong Tractor Works engine branch. Sort of a coincedence, I just got news tonight that the KM454 will reappear with... a Jaingsu Jaingdong TY495 engine that is EPA certified. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login