Go Bottom

sealant

View my Photos
cdeasy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-10          141218

what type of sealer is used when replacing the lower portion of the block to the upper part. (30 HP jinma)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

sealant

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-11          141227

Well, a cork gasket goes between the block and the oil sump. And obviously the head gasket goes between the block and the cylinder head. Or are you asking if sealant from a tube can be used instead of a gasket? If so, you'll get mixed response. I personally do not subscribe to the gasket-in-a-tube practice. WITH a proper gasket - ok. But INSTEAD of a gasket - no.

//greg// ....

sealant

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-11          141229

Greg is correct you must use a NEW headgasket and torque. Many gaskets need to be retorqued after warm up.

Some allow the copper spray sealants. My experience is not to use any sealants with a head gasket. ....

sealant

View my Photos
cdeasy

2007-04-11          141231

After posting this I found in the manual a section where the part I am referring to is called a main bearing cap. It is the piece that bolts the main bearings over crank. When I took it apart there was no gasket just metal to metal. I does appear that a sticky substance was on the surface. It seems to me that it would leak. ....

sealant

View my Photos
harvey

2007-04-11          141232

I can not see or know of any need for a sealant on the caps.

It might be excess thread locking sealer. Typically thread lock is used on cap and rod bolts.

BUT I am not a China engine expert and have only had a couple apart. ....

sealant

View my Photos
chipuren

2007-04-21          141402

The TY395 engine does not have individual main bearing caps common to other engines, the block is cast in two halves, split along the cneter of the main bearings. I use a little non hardening permatex, very sparingly and do not allow any set time before assembly. Only put it around the exterior perimiter, not near the bearings themselves, need to be metal to metal here. In fact I don't think you will see much leakage at this point even if you omitted the sealer as it is well above the oil level. A paper gasket here would add to the main bearing clearance (as would any sealer that builds thickness) ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login