Go Bottom

Agracat 2740

View my Photos
papabear
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-05          144363

I purchased an Agracat 2740 Super used with 78 Hours.
(20 hp, 4WD, 3-Cyl Diesel, Catagory 1 - 3 Point Hitch, 540/1100 Rear PTO, Turf tires) My first impliment was a Jinma 6' chipper and I recently added a Koyket 140 loader.
This is my first tractor. As a "tractor virgin" when I purchased it I did not notice that the pto shaft was badly worn ; I contacted Affordable Tractor Supply in Texas (Jerry is an outstanding guy to deal with there), and he sent me a replacement pto shaft (160.37.158-2). After talking to machinist friend who has assembled (more than 50) fresh-out-of-the-container tractors (Agracat, Taskmaster, Jinma), he thought I might have gotten the wrong pto shaft because all the ones he installed did not have threads on the inside end for a castle nut and cotter pin like mine does (160.37.158) is the one sans threads, etc.).
To make a short story long, today I tried to get my old one out. After removing the three bolts and cover, (the seal came off with the cover), I could not pull the shaft and/or first bearing out; so maybe I do have the correct pto shaft.

This calls the question: How do I get at the castle nut to remove it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Agracat 2740

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-05          144373

Since you listed two PTO speeds (540/1000), you have what Jinma calls the Double Speed gearbox. It takes PTO shaft #160.37.158. PTO shaft #160.37.158-2 is for a different gear box (single speed). Your mechanic friend probably's never seen one, cuz I think only 2-speeds are brought into the US.

Anyway, there's no crown nut for the 2-speed PTO shaft. As far as I know, it's just held in place with a circlip. And I'm pretty sure you have to remove the hydraulic sump to get to it.

Click on the Picture Link below for a parts diagram.Then click on the diagram itself to make it larger. I believe you need part #115, which appears to come with it's own circlip.

//greg//

Picture Link

Agracat 2740

View my Photos
papabear
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-06          144379

Thank you Greg.

Is a "circlip" the same thing as a snap-ring a/o an e-clip? ....

Agracat 2740

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-06          144381

this is a circlip: http://www.rpmechatronics.co.uk/shop/images/external%20circlip.jpg

this is an e-clip: http://www.cancutter.com/circlip.jpg

It's not identified in my parts diagram specifically, I'm just going from the graphic rendition. But having taken Chinese gear trains apart before, I'm pretty sure it's a circlip.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login