Go Bottom

Jinma Ignition switch

View my Photos
n9911c
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-02          146470

I have read about the ignition switch failing on the Jinma tractor. I was surprised to see the wiring to the glow plugs go directly to the switch. Why isn't a relay wired into the glow plug system? I checked a ford starter relay last night and to activate the relay only drew 3 amps but to activate one glow plug from a powerstroke engine it drew 24 amps. Wouldn't this be the cause of the switch failing?
Thanks,
Tony

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma Ignition switch

View my Photos
RanchHand

2007-10-02          146474

Yes, many have installed a relay to carry the load.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

Jinma Ignition switch

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-03          146489

No. The switch is technically rated to handle the amperage. The main problem with a LOT of the switches on Chinese tractors is that they're not exterior grade. It's stuff you'd ordinarily see inside a car/truck/cab/whatever. When exposed to the elements, they eventually self-destruct. You can pretty much bet that those owners who say they have no switch problems - are the ones that have nice clean/warm/dry places to hide them from Mother Nature.

That said, a glow plug relay is a very good idea on the otherwise hard starting Y85 series engines. I put one on the Y485 in my one year old TS354C. I added a starter relay too. Even at that, I've had ignition switch problems already.

//greg// ....

Jinma Ignition switch

View my Photos
n9911c

2007-10-03          146501

Thanks Ron and Gregg. Not having problems yet but will add a relay after i get the engine done.
Tony ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login