Go Bottom

Oil and filter for Jinma 284

View my Photos
nclark
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-02-19          160459

Has anyone got the american replacement part for the chinese oil filter that comes with the Jinma 284? And what Oil do you use to change the oil?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-19          160461

There are a lot of Jinma engine variants, hence several aftermarket filter choices. Let's start with what is stamped on the engine label. It should be either on the valve cover or the side of the block. Then see if anything is printed on the filter housing itself. Usually they're just painted black, but sometimes you can read white letters on the blue paint underneath. And if you're really lucky, you got a spares kit with the tractor - in which should be an oil filter and a hydraulic filter. They can look the same though, be careful which one you try to spin on where. If you get one that you can positively identify as an oil filter - AND if it fits the tractor - try to wash the black paint off the old one in hopes of finding a number.

Otherwise, you have to measure the thread diameter/pitch/count on the spin-on nipple, the diameter of the rubber sealing ring, and the outside diameter of the filter rim - then hope your auto parts store can do something with the measurements.

Use any good diesel rated 15W40 engine oil. Might want to consider an engine flush before putting in the fresh oil though.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
nclark

2009-02-20          160462

Thank You. ....

View my Photos
RanchHand

2009-02-20          160465

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclark | view 160459
Has anyone got the american replacement part for the chinese oil filter that comes with the Jinma 284?And what Oil do you use to change the oil?

If you can read the filter number that CAME on the tractor is the best way to help ID what filter you have and to help come up with a aftermarket filter.

There have been several Jinma's that came with extra engine filters in the tool kit that were the wrong ones. One number on the tractor & another number filter in the tool kit.

Click on the link below ..... you may need one of these oil filter nipples ??

Let us know what filter number you have if possible ?

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply ....

Link:   Click Here for Nipple

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-20          160467

Check out the
Chinese Tractor Owners association ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login