Go Bottom

jinma 224

View my Photos
lwater54
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-16          161106

hi all,
can anybody explain to me how I can swith on the the Hydraulic system? I want to use my woodcutter but it only works if I handle the lifter. tnx

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

jinma 224

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-16          161107

Not enough information. I don't want to assume "wood splitter", so please define "woodcutter". Then describe how and where you are connecting it to the JM224 hydraulic system.

//greg// ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
lwater54

2009-03-16          161115

sorry Greg, it's woodcutter indeed. I connected the 2 hydraulic H.P. Hoses from the cylinder of the woodcutter to the Jinma. ( father- mother connection at the back side of the tractor under the driver seat). To operate the hydraulic woodcutter I need oilpressure from the hydraulic system/pump. However I only get pressure on the hydraulic hose of the woodcutter if I pull back the handle of the tractor lift. So the question is how can I get continuous pressure on the hydraulic woodcutter hoses. there must be a switch or something in the hydraulic system of the Jinma.

Leo ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-17          161155

Without separate supply and return lines on the tractor, your splitter will not work properly. What you describe sounds like the trailer dump configuration. That is, a common line with pressurized supply and gravity return. When the flow is diverted to that single remote, the lift handle pushes hydraulic fluid to/through the remote. Typically, this lifts the hydraulic bed of a dump trailer. When the lift handle is moved the other way, pressure is relieved and the weight of the trailer bed (gravity) pushes fluid back through the connection into the sump. And there are two types of divertors that I know of for that remote; one is a hex head bolt on the left side of the sump housing. The other works in conjunction with the flow control valve in front of the seat. On both, one way directs the flow to the lift - the other way directs the flow to the remote.

To operate your splitter properly, you'll have to install a pair of independent remotes with their own control valve - typically open-centered. That way you set the remote controller to flow, then control the flow with the valve on the woodsplitter itself.

At least that's how mine works.

//greg// ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
lwater54

2009-03-18          161191

ok tnx.

leo ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
RanchHand

2009-03-18          161196

Hi Leo,
Our terminology may be different but, here is what I have seen / found on the 200 series Jinma tractors..... 204/224/254/284 models etc. Hopefully I / we understand each other.

Click on the link button and it will take you to a page on my web site that shows several styles of hydraulic lift boxes. PLEASE, if you have a different style of lift box I would love for you to email me some pictures of it.

I assume you have two factory hydraulic quick connects coming off the back of the lift box...(father- mother connection at the back side of the tractor under the driver seat).

One is pressure & one is return. It is considered 1/2 remotes. Meaning you cannot use the 3 point lift and have pressure at the hydraulic quick connect at the same time.

There is a valve bolted on to the front of the lift box down between your legs. It has a knob coming out of the top of it. There is a little lock screw that has to be loosen before you can turn the knob. The knob may be stuck (rust) and will require freeing up ??

To get hydraulic pressure / fluid the quick connect that is connect to the valve via the hard line (pipe).

Push the 3 point lever down. Then screw the knob all the way down till it stops / bottoms out.

Now pull the 3 point lever up.

Fluid is now being diverted to that quick connect.

What I have seen and have heard from other owners that have tried to use the 1/2 remotes to operate... say a wood splitter (a two way hydraulic cylinder) is that they have enough pressure but not enough volume (speed). Your case / experience may be different ??.

I came up with a aftermarket constant flow hydraulic kit that does not restrict the volume of the hydraulic fluid.

Hope this made since??

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

Link:   CLICK HERE

jinma 224

View my Photos
Murf

2009-03-18          161202

Greg, Ron, I think you're both slightly off here.

Leo said "woodcutter" not "woodsplitter".

He is talking about something common in Europe, and almost unheard of here in North America. They don't really have much in the way of 'big' trees, certainly less of them that are harvested for firewood. They have little tractor mounted firewood processors that cut (and split if bigger than ~4" around) the wood from tree length pieces. See the link below.

Almost all of these machines require both a PTO drive and constant flow hydraulic power from the tractor.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   HAKKI PILKE PROCESSORS

jinma 224

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-03-18          161212

Thanks, but that actually creates a whole new set of questions. I looked at the photo to which you linked, and see what looks like an electric motor on the underside - or is that a PTO driven hydraulic pump? If hydraulic, then I'm guessing a device of this nature only needs a tractor for it's PTO drive and hydraulic supply. Is this anywhere close?

//greg// ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
Murf

2009-03-18          161213

Greg, there's 3 versions of almost all of their machines, electric, PTO, and all hydraulic.

The picture just happens to show the electric version.

There is an infeed conveyor, and saw head and outfeed conveyor, all run by hydraulic motors. As well some models have other hydraulic features such as rotation on the outfeed stacker belt, log loaders and such.

A lot of these are permanently set up with small stationary diesels to run them, but 3pth mounting is popular since it's easier to take it into the forest and bring out finished product that way.

Best of luck. ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-03-18          161221

Thanks Murf, so that doesn't change anything after all. It still needs a supply and a return.

Leo - if your JM224 only has one remote, it's not compatible for use with your woodcutter. If it's got the "half-remote" configuration that Ronald described - he's the best man to help finish off this thread.

//greg// ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
Murf

2009-03-18          161223

Sorry Greg, maybe I wasn't very clear.

My point was that this type of device needs lots of flow, a LOT for a small machine. Our typical valves and lines all reduce flow rates.

I think what Leo needs is a PB kit, something that will give him maximum flow rates. The hydraulics will all be controlled at the device, no need for anything but a source on the tractor.

Best of luck. ....

jinma 224

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-03-18          161231

Leo - see if you can find the model number on your hydraulic pump. If it helps, I think the standard JM224 comes with a CBN310 pump - rated at 10l/min (or 2.64gpm) flow rate. Some dealers order the optional CBN314; 14l/min (or ~3.7gpm). Not sure, but I think upgrading to to a CBN316; 16/lmin (or 4.23gpm)may be possible.

I'm not sure all will fit the JM224 though. Taking into consideration North American imports versus Euro-imports, hopefully Ronald can help provide specifics.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login