Go Bottom

Front wheel weights farm pro 2425

View my Photos
Gerry1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-07          163860

I just purchased a 2004 farmpro 2425. I mounted my 60" rotary cutter and need more front end weight. Does anyone know of a parts supplier selling wheel weights.
Also, if someone has come up with another way to add weight. My tractor did come with suitcase weights mounted , it's just not enough weight. I would like to add a min. of 200 lbs.
I have thought of putting fluid in the tires and am not sure how much weight this will add.

Thanks, Gerry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-07          163864

Assuming you have the original 6.00x16 R1 tires, a 75% fill of water will add ~50# per tire. More if you use a commercial ballasting fluid. But with a tire that small, you're not going to get the full 200# you seek. But you can ballast the tires AND go to heavier suitcase weights. Check with local farmers who may have some unused or obsolete weights piled in a corner of the machine shed. Or check with a train yard for scrap rail.

By the way, you may find the 60-incher a bit too much RC for that tractor. I got rid of JM254s cuz they couldn't do both hills and mowing at the same time. Fine in H1 downhill and on the flat, but I had to drop into L3 every time I turned around to mow back up hill. After a while, it just became too much hassle - and I upgraded to more horsepower.

I'm sure yours can handle a four footer much better, and solve your front weight problem at the same time.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-07          163868

You could install wheels or casters on the mower so the tractor spins and pulls but doesn't carry it. Or trade the rear mower for a mid-mount. Or get a front loader. ....

View my Photos
RanchHand

2009-07-09          163907

Hi Jerry,
I sell/have sold/do sell 5 foot mower rotary mowers for the size Farm Pro you have (Jinma 254-284).

Sounds like you don't have a loader...... Adding liquid ballest to the front tires may be enough ?? Assumeing you think the front end is to light with the mower lifted up off the ground. I have only noticed the front end starting to get light (without a loader) when I start getting close to 800 pound hanging off the 3 point??

You could / can fabricate a front bumper like to accept bigger type style / weights or to accept more of the factory style front weights which I do have on stock.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply ....

View my Photos
Gerry1

2009-07-10          163956

Hi Ron,

How heavy are the weights you sell and what are their cost , including shipping ?

Thanks, Gerry ....

View my Photos
RanchHand

2009-07-11          163959

Gerry,
Each (single) ballest weights 25lb's.
My zip code is 23322.

Contact me through my Web Site if you choose for price. Don't think Tractor Point approves of posting prices?

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply ....

Link:   CLICK HERE FOR WEB SITE

Go Top

Share This

Member Login