Go Bottom

hydraulic fluid farm pro 2425

View my Photos
Gerry1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-11          163974

First I would like to thank all for the helpfull feedback regarding my front end weight issue. For now I think I will be okay just adding fluid to the front wheels. Today I ran my 5' bushhog for about 40 min. on my farm pro 2425 .

The whole time I was running up and down a aprox. 35-40% grade. The temp was consistent at 80 deg. and there was no lack of power while in 4 wheel drive and running the pto.

The tractor seemed very happy in 3 gear low. One of my pins to the stabizing links fell out and , while I discovered this , I also noticed a fair amount of hydro. fluid had come out of the overflow outlet.

I am new to this tractor and am not sure why this happened. I would appreciate any feedback regarding a possible cause.
Thanks, Gerry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hydraulic fluid farm pro 2425

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-11          163977

I have too much acreage to mow in L3. It cut just fine in H1 - on level ground and downhill. But shifting into L3 everytime I headed back uphill just got to be too aggravating. If L3 works for you, great. What worked for me was a bigger tractor.

And it's the uphill trips that cause hydraulic fluid to surge under the fill/vent. If you've overfilled, the mess is even worse. Mine had only one hash mark on the dipstick, and I treated that as the full mark. Didn't add hydraulic fluid till the dipstick came out dry

//greg// ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login