Go Bottom

08 Jinma 284

View my Photos
iam4dux
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-21          164241

I have a jinma 284.2008 with 91 hours. I had it idling while I was hooking up a implement. Out of no where the engine started clattering and some quick darker smoke from the exhaust. I checked the oil level and that was fine. I shut it off. Later started and it was same at idle.When I add some throttle to it, it seems to at first have some smoke and it is not as loud at the higher RPMs.

Any help
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

08 Jinma 284

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-21          164243

Sounds like the hydraulic pump is deadheading, a condition caused when flow is impeded somewhere on the pressure side. Quite often the culprit is a QD fitting. On most, there's one only a foot or two after the pump, typically on the right side of the engine. If you have a loader, it may be plumbed in there. At any rate, look for a QD that's either become partially disconnected - or is simply blocked with crud. After that, look for valves that may have gotten plugged up.

If loader equipped, do you have loader problems when this happens? Steering problems? Rear lift problems?

//greg// ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login