Go Bottom

Farm Pro 2425 lift problems

View my Photos
gemini1436
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-05          166182

I am having problems with the lift on back of tractor I have drained sump and replaced with 30 weight oil as told in manual but still not working I have read a lot of the postings and have read about a suction screen for the lifter can anyone explain more and am I using the correct fluid for the lifter.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-05          166183

Older models have an internal suction screen. You didn't mention external spin-ons, so I'll assume you have an older model. There's a steel hydraulic line that comes up the side of the tranny, then enters the lift box under the left front corner of the operator seat. It's an easily identifiable triangular flange. Remove the steel line and the three flange bolts. The suction screen is underneath.

Not sure what part of the manual you're reading, mine has a viscosity versus ambient temperature list. But in the part of the country you and I live in, 10W is the way to go. That way you don't have to do a seasonal hydraulic fluid change. Go to any auto parts or farm store, and buy AW32 hydraulic fluid. But before you pay, make absolutely sure it's AW32 hydraulid fluid - and not AW32 machine oil. That stuff will foam all over the place.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Circlegtractors
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-05          166746

SPAM deleted. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login