Go Bottom

fuel pump hand pump

View my Photos
ajagracat
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-08          176288

I used it one time when I ran out of fuel .I thought you turned the top of it and it poped up mand you primed it. THis time I tried to tur it and I cant get it to pop up. what am I doing wrong and how to yoy opperate the glow plugs? thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

fuel pump hand pump

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-08          176310

That's how it's supposed to work, but it's possible the spring's broken. Try to pull it up by hand. If that doesn't work, the O-ring may be compromised - jamming the piston against the cylinder. They're inexpensive and easy to replace.

//greg// ....

fuel pump hand pump

View my Photos
ajagracat

2011-01-09          176323

Greg when I un screwed the rod to pull up on the plunger the rod came all the way out. I un screwed the plunger assembly and took it apart and tried to move that plunger and it would not move so I guess i will have to order a new plunger assembly. How do you turn on the glow plugs,I was told to turn the starter switch to the left,when I did that the motor started turning over is it supposed to? Thanks ....

fuel pump hand pump

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-09          176324

Pretty sure you were told wrong. Not too many keyswitches have a START position all the way to the left. Those that do actually have two START positions. If true, the positions should be START>OFF>RUN>HEAT>START. Both START positions and the HEAT position should be spring return. With that type switch you cold start to the right; hold the key in the HEAT position for 20 seconds or so, then turn all the way right to START. Hold in START for up to 20 seconds, or until the engine catches. After the engine's been warmed up for the day, glow plugs aren't usually required to restart. That's what the left hand START position is for.

But if you don't find this keyswitch pattern to be true, there's a chance that it's either the wrong switch, or somebody wired it up wrong - or both.

//greg// ....

fuel pump hand pump

View my Photos
ajagracat

2011-01-09          176325

Greg thanks I will try that when I get it back together. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login