Go Bottom

farm pro 2430 4 wd problem

View my Photos
johntu
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-02-02          182260

my homier farm pro 2430 tractor the 4wd drive goes in and out. I will be using it in 4 wd one minute it's working fine then the next it it not wworking and suggestions

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-02          182262

Could be several things. Does your 2wd/4wd shifting mechanism look like the one below? ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
johntu
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-02-02          182263

yes i looks very simualr ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-03          182267

Ok. First thing to check then is roll pin #2. If that's broken or missing, moving the lever fails to actually move the shaft. Next, look at the detente mechanism #7 thru #9. The pin fits into the slots on fork shaft #14. One slot is to hold the lever #3 in the 2wd position, the other to hold it in the 4wd position. There are issues inside that are more complicated to fix. But let's just start with the outside stuff for now.

Don't just observe the roll pin, double check to see that the shaft is actually rotating with the lever movement. Drive out the pin and inspect it if in doubt. If the roll pin is broke, drive out the remaining pieces - then consider double pinning the lever. Get a new roll pin the same size as the original, then find a second pin to fit inside the first. Nest the pins, then tap them through the holes as a pair.

If the pin is ok, inspect the detente mechanism. If it's actually there, dirt and excess paint are most often the culprit. If it's missing, clean the hole and replace the missing pieces.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login