Go Bottom

Problem w 3PH on Jinma 284LE

View my Photos
JohnCig
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-06-14          187325

I have a 2004 Jinma JM284LE tractor. I was having problems with the FEL raising very slow and operating rough. I flushed the Hydraulic system with kerosene and refilled to proper level. The FEL works great now, but the 3PH will not raise. When I try to raise it using the lever, one of the hydraulic hoses 'sucks-up' towards the motor and the engine slows, acting like it's bogged down with a load. Any ideas where to begin troubleshooting this? Thanks, jc

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-14          187326

Sounds like a priority valve problem. Can you get the rear hitch to operate conditionally if/when you're simultaneously turning the steering wheel?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-14          187328

Gear trains typically take 80W90 gear oil, 85W140 in hot climates. AW32 or ISO32 is typical for hydraulics/steering, AW46/AW64/AW100 for progressively hotter conditions.

If the PV is indeed clogged, its almost certainly due to a contaminated sump. Before reinstalling a clean PV, you should drain the hydraulics and do no less than one kero flush. If you screen the crap that comes out, money is saved by reusing the same kerosene for repeated flushes

//greg// ....

View my Photos
JohnCig

2013-06-14          187329

Greg, thanx for the reply. Sorry, I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm trying. 'Priority Valve'? You've lost me on this part. Is this something I can remove and either repair or replace? Draining the hydraulics again isn't a big deal, if needed. I really appreciate any help on this. Thanks again. cig ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2013-06-15          187334

The PV is just ahead and to the left of the brake pedals, black and sorta Y-shaped. It senses steering input, and diverts hydraulic fluid to the steering controller (at the bottom of the steering column). As you turn the steering wheel, fluid to the rear lift temporarily stops flowing. Once steering input is removed (you stop turning the wheel), flow again flows normally to the rear lift. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. But when the PV gets dirty enough to stick open, all fluid goes to the steering sub-circuit regardless of input.

Most common cause is simply dirty/wet hydraulic fluid. But a simple fluid change will not fix it. It may result in clean fluid in the sump and the steering sub-circuit, but it isn't likely to clear the stuck valve. It's not a complicated procedure to clean the PV, just remove it from the tractor temporarily. Taking care to understand there's spring pressure inside, carefully disassemble and clean. Reassemble/reinstall, then drain/flush/replace hydraulic fluid immediately.

//greg//

View my Photos
JohnCig

2013-06-15          187337

Thanks! I'll give it a try on Monday and see if it does me any good. To be continued,,,,, 'cig' ....

View my Photos
JohnCig

2013-06-15          187338

Greg,,, I forgot to ask if it was still necessary to drain entire system, since I just did this. Will there be fluid pressure when I remove the valve? Thanks, jc ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2013-06-16          187347

There might be a little gravity flow. But if the tractor's not running, the pump's not turning. When the pump's not turning, there's no pressure. To staunch gravity flow, try to get the open end above sump level.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login