Go Bottom

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-25          72224

Looks a little, OK allot like a deere, Has anyone seen or have this tractor. Until now I had never heard or Agracat. Is this your standard Basic Northern supply type tractor with just a different name?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-25          72230

Look like Jinma's with a John Deere'ish green and yellow paint job to me. I think they look MUCH better in this paint scheme. ;o) ....

Link:   Agracat Tractors

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Harryg

2003-12-27          72397

Correct, the Jinma is re-badged by several names. Nortrac, Agracat, Farmpro, Emerybuilt, agboss I think too, and a few I can't recall. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-27          72406

So just so I better understand. These are all the same tractor, just different names? Or they are all the same engine with different body/features? Sorry I have not really seen or know alot about these. I was going to look into them for their price savings, but I am not the most mechanically inclined and thought I would be better off in the long run with a local dealer and repair shop. It is not that I couldn't work on them, there are just to many other things I would rather be doing then self teaching engine work. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-27          72412

Bowman,the motors on these things are strong,you hardly ever hear of much in that regard. You can buy these tractors with a parts And labor warrenty,from northern tool for example,northerns come with 6 months parts and labor,you can buy more. A mechanic doesn't care who makes the tractor,just who pays him for his work,well in most cases anyways. My local red dealer and green dealer in LEWISBURG,W.VA.,both said that ,and would work on my nortrac in their garage,cause they wanted work,now they might set it outside for a couple days,broke in half first,that was a joke bowman,they did say that they would work on it,and there are a lot of mechanics out their who will work for money independently. No doubt,taking a johndeere to a johndeere garage to get work on it would be less traumatic in most cases,but a mechanic will work on about any thing as long as he is paid well for his service,a ford garage will work on chevys,for example. Now back to bow hunting,since we have already talked about it once,you might have to change your handle to bowman #2,I mean since I have killed more bucks then you with a bow,I should be called THE bowman? Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-27          72415

I hadn't really thought about going to another garage/ shop. Something to keep in mind for a buddy of mine who actually got me started looking for a tractor. He was looking at the JD 2210 and we stopped in so he could show me and next thing I knew I was tractor shopping.
I know I will never ever take my truck to the Local Dodge dealer again. Did that twice and paid a high price for poor work, not to mention damage to the cap on my truck. They raised it to high on the lift and put a couple nice dings in the fiberglass. Of Course I didn't see it till the next day and when I went back they denied causing the damage and I really had no way to prove it.
I thougt you said you took your deer with a rifle. You know that long range, it ain't huntin it's harvesting. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72417

No,I bowhunt as well,got three bucks this year with bow,one with gun,like I said,I'm king of the spike killers.Hunt on my own place here in summers county,its all over with now till next year,my wife and daughter can start taking walks in the woods again. Been shooting deers for about ,38 years now,it used to be a lot harder,less deer,I remember,when I was a kid,if you saw one after hunting all day,that was exciting,now they are everywhere,still not that easy to kill a buck in buck season,bow or gun. Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-27          72419

Are all your tags filled? I still have a unfilled bow tag and a week left in the season. It is just between work/ Holidays / New tractor = Honey do list . I haven't found the time to go out. I may try to sneak out tuesday morning for a couple hours. Beef prices have gone so high and I wouldn't mind having a little extra red meat in the freezer.
Horns or No. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
mscott6799

2003-12-27          72426

I agree with Richard on the engines on these Chinese tractors they are very strong and dependable. I also live in WV and my Jinma 354 with the TY395 China diesel engine starts as easy as a gasoline engine, at least down to 10 degrees, after sitting outside under a tarp up to 2 weeks. It has over 150 hours of mostly hard heavy bushhogging on hillsides you don't wanna walk. These tractors will work very hard and have the weight for the horsepower. The reason you hear lots of horror stories is because Chinese tractors by the general public is defined as one tractor brand but they have different factories and brands the same as the Japanese and the Korean tractors do. This is my third new tractor in the last 20 years and must say for the money its by far the best deal. Now if I were a rich man I might go for a JD with a cab and hydro. You can't help wanting to defend them as I see Richard do so many times. Hey Richard I'm behind you all the way in the background but you handle yourself so well I just sit back and laugh.

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72427

Our last day for does with gun was today,[I think],it gets longer each year,trying to thin them down.Bow season ends the 31st,but them deer is so wild now that it would be a miracle if you got a shot,at a buck anyways, I don't need any more,4 will last us till next Oct. Yes sir,if you need some more meat for your freezer,does taste just fine,and you will just be helping the deer population out,there is to many does around here anyways. A question for you,I looked on my in mail a while ago and it had on there that I got responses from tractor point,about a dozen,I don't want them,how do I stop from getting them? Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-27          72430

Check your post on E-mail from tractor point. I explained there. To Much to re type here. Sorry.
As far as Doe being spooked. Got 108 acre's behind the house that I have permission to hunt and no one else does ( Well except for the d!&^%$ f*&%%$& poachers/tresspassers I keep kicking off. But for the most part them deer are pretty well left alone. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
pcramer

2003-12-28          72530

I purchased a new AgraCat model 2920 with Koyker BH and FEL about a year ago. It is a Jinma 25 HP with 4WD. The unit was imported by AgraCat Inc. located in Arkansas where they do the final assembly and test. I use it for developing my 10A which my wife and I purchased 5 years ago and constructed our own home on. After one year of service, I can tell you without hesitation that it has been one of the best buys I ever made. The tractor, BH and FEL work great, and do just about anything I ask it to do. So far I have 230 hours on it and have spent a little over $200 doing minor repairs. Parts are available and easy to get. I have done all the repairs myself and would not hesitate to attempt major repair if necessary, even considering that I don't know a very much about tractors. This is because the unit is low tech and easy to work on. The reason I decided to purchase a Chinese tractor was price. An equivalent sized JD costs about 2.5 times what I paid. If anyone else wants to know more about this, please ask.

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-28          72533

When you say 2.5 times as much? I don't mean to pry. I just purchased a TC33D HST w/ FEL and 60" MMM for 19,100 and a good friend of mine really wants to get a CUT, but knows he is not going to get the use I am and just wants someting he can use to do some general work around his 4 acres. He does not want to spend the big bucks. I know he is a Big BIG JD fan and was looking at the 2210, but is afraid of the Limited Cat 1 and the options to Rent attachments. I have mentioned to him the greay market for his needs. But have not look at Prices. What are we looking at ( Ballpark ) for a 25 HP w/ FEL if you don't mind me asking. If this works he can keep his JD Lawn Mower and still have a new toy ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
pcramer

2003-12-29          72553

My AgraCat 2920 is a Jinma 25 HP with 4WD. It has a Koyker (American made) model 160 FEL with 60" bucket, and model KB60 BH with independant hydraulics. I would not recommend the Chinese FEL or BH because the Koyker made units are much better and the cost difference is not that great. The tractor, fully assembled with Koyker implements cost me under $12K. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-29          72564

Bowman,nortrac sells 25 h.p. and loader for around 11,000,with abackhoe,around 16,ooo,[you got to include shipping],now I bought mine at their store in salem,va,so I saved a little that way. They come assembled,oils changed,tested,etc. They also all come with a 6 months parts and labor warrenty. They also sell a 20 h.p and a 30 h.p.,you can also buy additional extended warrenty,pretty cheap,I bought another year when I bought mine for around 200 dollars.You can buy about any veriety of a package,they sell howse cutters,plows,discs,blades. I live in summers county,so salem,va.,was only about 1 1/2 hrs away,you can call them up and see if they got a closer store to you,# 1-800-533-5545,you can see there stuff on their web page ,NorthernTool.com I don't work for them,just trying to pass some info out. Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-29          72566

Bowman,one other thing,these chinese jinmas are not what they call "grey market",one good example of a grey market tractor is a yanmor,because to my way of understanding,is yanmor,makes smaller johndeeres,but can't sell tractors in the u.s. under the yanmor name,new ones I mean,just painted green. There is nothing grey about the chinese tractor market to my knowledge...... come on people,straighten me out if I'm wrong now,I was wrong once this year already,so I'm not as sure of myself as I used to be. Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
ralph m

2003-12-29          72580

This site keeps getting beter all the time Ralph Miller ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
ralph m

2003-12-29          72600

I was going to buy the 454 at first. Glad I didn't with everything that I've been hearing. They are very big and heavy. Could not find 454 in crate at the time. Thank God. I was talking to a couple of people on the CTOA's.
There use to be two pages now there's only one. I think, I really don't know anymore what's going to happen. I have the same problem every time I get my property taxes, which are going up 37% again. I don't think anybody is listening to me. West Virginia is sounding better and better all the time. There is getting to be too many people up here in the Blue Mountains in PA. Back to the point. One fellow just got a 354 crated Jinma, I didn't even get his name when the site went down. I would like to talk to him because our tractors are probably very much the same. I wanted to see if he has any problems. He already gave me some really good info. I hope you read this.
Ralph Miller

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Richard A. Bante

2003-12-29          72602

Greetings: I bought my Jinma 284 (Farm Boss) with the ZL-20 loader, which is a great loader,from
Terry at Tractor-0utlet.com exactly two years ago. Other than problems that I caused myself, I have had to replace the 3-point lift handle, which was covered by warranty and quickly replaced without question by Terry. I have had minor leaks caused by bad o-rings, seals, etc. which were taken care of by myself. I have over 240 hours and am completely satisfied with the tractor and would do it again in a heartbeat. Like a lot of us, I don't have the money to buy a well known brand of tractor. I am not a mechanic, but because of the CTOA and the people posting on this board, I have been able to take care of my tractor myself. I bought a crate tractor from Terry and saved about $3,000 compared to buying it from a dealer (the savings are an approximation). Terry also provides a free assembly video that he made. The way I put the tractor together was to take it one step at a time. I watched the entire video and then went back and did it step by step. Doing one thing and then stopping, went back to the video, etc. I bought the 284, 4WD, with loader. It took me less than 40 hours by myself to assemble taking my time. My cost was $8230.00 delivered to Phoenix, AZ where I picked it up and took it back to Prescott Valley, AZ (90 miles). I paid 0 tax becuase OR. has no sales tax. You can look at pictures at the accompanying link. In addition to the cost savings, by buying the crate tractor, I was able to become mechanically knowledgeable about the tractor. Chinese tractors are not for everyone, but if you're willing to get your hands dirty and turn a wrench once in a while, a Jinma or other Chinese brand might be right for you. I hope I have helped someone. Thank you.

Richard ....

Picture Link

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
pcramer

2003-12-29          72605

Richard, thanks for the pictures, GREAT!! Maybe between the two of us, we can let these people know just how great the Jinma tractor can be. But like you say, it's not for everyone. I would not recommend it for commercial applications. Have to be willing to get your hands dirty and spend some time doing repairs. The cost differential is so much that I could'nt afford one unless I bought a used one. And I almost did that. So glad that I bought a new Jinma. My wife told me that for the price difference, I could have bought a second unit and kept it for repair parts and still had money left over. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-29          72609

Ralph,nice to here from you,I think Hal shut the other board down,we just have the one now,and its kinda weird to,a lot of stuff that was on it this morning was deleted this afternoon. It would be nice to see the old board working like it used to with the addition of picture posting ability,that should help in repairs.The one you see now is the old board,it just don't work like it used to.Well on the bright side,we have tractor point now,and I believe most of the argueing is over,[least I hope so],so,unless Hal wants to fix the old board or somebody wants to crate a new one that works like tractor point,then we still have a place here. There is just as many crazy people in w.va. as pa.,I would bet more so..... Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-29          72611

Richard A. Bante, that is a sharp looking tractor! The tractors at my local Rural King did not look anywhere near that good. Maybe the crate tractor is the way to go. At least you will know that aside from the factory guys; nobody else has had their hands on it except you. If you keep them out of the weather, they sure do hold up better.

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-29          72612

I would have to agree with Chief, Nice Tractor. I am going to have to give my buddy a call and let him know about these options.
I am guessing from the view in your pictures that you live in a neighborhood with smaller lots. Boy you must be the envy of your neighborhood ;-) ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-29          72613

Richard A. Bante, how do you like the FEL? How much difficulty is it to remove and install the FEL? Is that the Koyker FEL or the Jinma?

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Cub104129

2003-12-29          72614

Richard I remember seeing these pictures when you first got the tractor. How does it look after 240 hours ? ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Cub104129

2003-12-29          72617

Chief, I would like to post a picture of my grate tractor after 200 hrs. How do you post a picture ? ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-29          72618

I don't think Chief would mind if I answer that. Althought I wouldn't want to cut down on his number of monthly posts
;-)

If you click on My Profile at the top of this thread. A window will open and there is a link to post photo's along with a detailed description of how to do it. Dennis did a good job here, because even an illiterate like me figured it out and posted some. Although I did post a few twice. ( Need to findtime to fix that.
Hope that helps ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-12-29          72619

wbowhunt has that right except that you only get the link to store photos on Tractorpoint if you are a Premium member. Premium members can post up to 20 photos of 30k or less.

Dennis
TractorPoint

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-29          72621

wbowhunt, don't mind one bit! Have at it and fire away! Sounds like yet another great reason to get signed up on Tractor Point as a premium member. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-29          72624

Whoops. I thought he was a primeum member. I thought that if the name was in Italics it was not a premium member and if it was bold and had a profile that you were. My Error. Note made for future refernence. Thanks

Thanks Chief, My goal in life is to out post you in a month. Although I know it will never be posts with the knowledge and expertise you have, but maybe someday. :-o

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-29          72629

wbowhunt, I am learnin'about these tractors and quite a few other things right along with ya! ;o) ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-29          72630

I have used an ole M for quite a while and it was a good general tractor for doing hay, But I curled up in a chair with 33 Manual Last night, boy are these CUTS alot different. I mean just some of the adjustment options on the seat and 3 Point. What I wouldn't have done years ago hooking up attachments. Or should I say, What words I wouldn't have said ( the four letter variety ) As I got better the words got fewer. But with the options today. Boy I have alot to learn again. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-29          72635

wbowhunt, I'll add a couple comments. All the Jinmas are much larger physically than the JD 2210. This will be a disadvantage for mowing but helps if it's a loader tractor. It may also rule out a Chinese tractor if small size and getting into tight spots is a priority. Another thing, the Chinese tractors are rated more conservatively on engine HP by maybe on the order of 15%.
For a small lot, the Jinma 184 should be considered. As to pricing, the primary difference with major brands is the cost of the tractor. Attachments cost what they cost, although a little shopping is always recommended. My
Jinma 224 in a crate cost $5000 and and I added a 6" chipper and ZL20 loader for less than $4000 and am quite very pleased. But the crate tractors are definitely not for everyone, and I feel a Chinese tractor owner has to be a cooperative partner: it's not like buying a new Lexus, or new JD for that matter. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-29          72638

Mr. Miller,you are my kind of guy,there is always to many people,the only thing I got against neighbors,is that they are close enough that you can call them neighbors. Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Richard Bante

2003-12-29          72641

Hi Ralph, when I picked it up at the warehouse, the FEL and tractor had their own crates. One on top of each other with I think 4 18mm bolts holding them together. I had to take the bolts out, but was pre-warned and prepared to do so. If you are getting a backhoe too, you'll probably have three crates, but not sure. That's another thing I forgot to mention about the crates. After all the unwrapping, you'll have at least a $100.00 worth of angle iron to play with including a coffee can full of 18mm nuts and bolts. Have fun with your tractor.

Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
mscott6799

2003-12-29          72643

Someone asked about how the paint holds up and I can only speak for my Jinma 354 after sitting out 2 summers and a winter and a half it still has a shine to be proud of. The Chinese lay the paint on thick. Thats why you'll see a run or two. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Richard Bante

2003-12-29          72645

Chief, wbowhunt and Cub104129.....thank you all for the compliments. Sorry it took so long for me to answer, but I've been cleaning the carpet. Chief, I'll start with you. That is the Chinese FEL, the ZL-20. I believe it is a copy of an earlier Koyker model. It works fine. In assembling the FEL to the tractor, I was too concerned with following the directions exactly, which in brief said to line up the FEL on blocks and drive the tractor slowly towards the FEL until the FEL slipped into the FEL connections on the tractor. I was by myself and not having much luck until finally I got between the arms of the FEL with my back to the bucket lifted it up and dragged it into the tractor connections. The video recommends two people. I haven't had the FEL off since, no reason to I guess.

wbowhunt, the pictures, where the tractor was, are of Prescott Valley, AZ. I ordered it before I moved to the Hereford area of SE AZ., where I had a small home built on 3+ acres. It's surprising what some Meguiars Wax and Armorall can do to a new Chinese tractor. If you go to www.tractor-outlet.com. they have a lot of good pictures of the Jinma.

Cub, it doesn't look shiny anymore. That was a one time glamor photo that I took, knowing that it would never be the same again after all the work it had ahead of it. I have no scratches, just a lot of concrete splashes from the 1500' of curb I put in around the house, flower beds, etc. Oh, and one busted tail light from backing into a tree. Other than that I think I could get her shining again.

Richard ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Cub104129

2003-12-30          72697

Thanks Richard for getting back to us. My 284 is in better shape and paint wise after 230 hours than when I bought it. I keep it inside and always wash it after use. Sometimes it gets a good work out. I have repainted areas as they needed it.I am fussy this way. My Kubota is the same as my Cubs.

For Chief, I also installed my ZL-20 FEL. It took two people and was not bad to do. However it is not quick att. I would not take it off as I think it would be a pain and time cosuming. This loader is not in mind of changing front attachments.

I never take mine off as it is used most of the time. I never added the extra support to the rear axle but have planned to as others say this is better. I lift up to 1000 lbs of stumps steady and don't see any point being stretch or weekened. I have make the forks so they att. to the bucket. ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
Chris

2004-03-13          79758

I have just purchased a used AgraCat 3720. Unfortunately I immediatly broke my exhaust manifold and have been unable to locate as parts supplier? Can you help? I am in Leesburg, Virginia.

Thanks ....

Agracat Tractor

View my Photos
greg_g

2004-03-14          79815

I was completely unimpressed with their responsiveness and support, but sometimes you got to go with the only game in town. Your machine originated from
Agracat Inc
PO Box 490
Farmington Ar USA 72730
Tel: 479-267-6000 Fax: 479-267-7028
I don't believe they sell 3720s anymore. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure the John Deere lawsuit cured them from selling green Chinese tractors all together. But they should have a moral responsibility to maintain parts for those that they DID sell. Their website and email address have been unaccessible since last year. But hopefully they'll answer one of those phone numbers.

Short of that, try http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en%7Clang_de%7Clang_es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=Agracat+parts&lr=lang_en%7Clang_de%7Clang_es

//greg//

Go Top

Share This

Member Login