Go Bottom

Direct from China

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-05          73143

Has anyone ordered a tractor directly from China as in their website chinabestproducts.com? I was somewhat serious about trying that for a while. It seemed like it would be a real adventure to order it, take care of shipping import duties, pick the crate up at the docks in Chicago and put it together.

I chickened out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Direct from China

View my Photos
gauthier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-05          73144

I've heard of several people doing it,but for just one tractor it probably ain't the way to go,even cost wise.Course to each his own I guess,maybe if you had a lot of sperience importing things,which most people don't,it might seem more better,I wouldn't think about it myself,I'm to poor. Richard ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
edward_dugas

2004-01-05          73175

Sorry to hear you backed away. There are other importers one I believe is in Canada. Search under Jinma in an internet search window for the other one. The dealer prices listed in China Best products are all FOB. The dealer has to pay the rest. The low retail price is supposed to reflect your total cost pick up for example in Chicago. It would be an adventure. Dealers in the states would discourage you for obvious reasons. You would be on you own as far as warranty work, if needed, but dealers here have most parts in stock for Jinma tractors. I picked mine up in a crate from a small dealer in Ohio for a little above what it cost him. Have never regretted the purchase. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
DIYGuy

2004-01-05          73191

To import one tractor it would not be worth it. You'd need a FCL (full container load) to make it worth while. You can avoid the whole red tape mess of import and pay under $6k for a 224 in the crate from most of the dealers and still experience the fun and joy of assembly, parts modification, and starting it up for the very 1st time.

see the link for my assembly diary.

MarkS DIYGuy ....

Link:   

Click Here

Direct from China

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-05          73192

And shortmag,or shortmag,just like typing shortmag,you could pay under 8,000 and have somebody put it together for you,change the fluids,test it out,and offer it with a 6 months parts and labor warrenty,a 254,thats got a nice red color,but you would be missing out on all that fun..... Richard ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
edward_dugas

2004-01-10          73601

Here is some info: The container that the tractor is shipped in is filled with the tractor you order and other orders, that are coming to the same port, could be lawnmowers. In the main when the crate arrives you pick the tractor up with your trailer or truck. Because it is one unit for your personal use it does not have the same duty as a load supject to resale (duty cost etc. is in the quoted price) . Looking just at the CBP latest listing their price for the 224 4wd 2cyl is $4950 which to me is more than a little less than 6K. There may be other reasons that you do not wish to go the import route, but at least you should have the correct info to base your decision on. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
lumber
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73643

In the interest of decision making: I bought my 3 cylinder 224 from tractorconnection for $4995. I sure wouldn't be my own importer unless I was certain I could beat that price by a wide margin. The stories out there make it sound like the self import deals typically cost substantially more than estimated, not to speak of the hassle and frustration. And a parts warranty that is FOB Shanghai isn't much help if one has problems. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
edward_dugas

2004-01-10          73653

Agree in that the Minimum differential in price between best dealer price and self import price would have to be $1000.00 or better to justify the hassle. As of January the CBP folks have increased their prices, they say due to China tax increase. That means as always shop the price. Another factor is distance from a port of entry and the buyer and the alternative of where the dealer is located with respect to the buyer. Shipping costs at $1.50 to $2.00 per loaded mile can add up. Some dealers offer 0 warranty on crate tractors, just another issue to consider. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
lumber

2004-01-10          73671

Yes, I agree. One needs to shop carefully. And I'd suggest they support their local dealer if it pencils out or comes near. If one ever needs parts or service, it may be helpful to have someone within driving distance.
To be clear, my crate tractor included a 1 year parts warranty, FOB dealer. And, I believe, the original purchase price applies to major US cities. So yes again, if one self imports and has to pay $1.50/mile to move it from port 700 miles, that would be a tough hit on the economics of self import. In any case, a crate tractor will require some transport and a buyer should factor it in to their decision. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-01-11          73690

I think I bought my 354 off the same guy that Edward bought his from. He was the cheapest I could find without self importing...........seems to have worked out ok for me. I've given the 354 no mercy for her first 150 hours and so far I've been very pleased for the price. Would have liked to have had the backing of the big guys but it costs the few more dollars I did'nt want to spend on a tractor.

Direct from China

View my Photos
Andythefinn

2006-04-25          128323

So...Since i am also thinking of buying one of these tractors from chinabestproducts.com, has anybody actually bought a tractor from here ?
Is it a legitimate company/broker?
It seems it's getting harder and harder to trust any online purchases. Or?
Let me know.
Cheers,
Andy. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-25          128327

Andy
I bought a 2425 from Farm Pro through a local dealer. I dont know about this company. The tractor does what I want I have been happy with it. I am not hard on my equipment but I do work it. You will have to preform manintance oil, filter, adustments and the such. Try to find a dealer. Warrenty is no good if there is no one to service the unit.

Direct from China

View my Photos
locksleyred

2006-05-12          129251

Hey Guys why not container pool. I just bought a JM354 etc etc but with Backhoe and loader and mower. Also bought 15kw generator etc etc Asked around the neighbours they wanted stuff too so I filled a container. Its not hard. Tractor cost $4600 in your dollars ( I'm in Australia )Picked it up on a friends 23 footer truck $100 fuel. Laughing. Took 2 of us 8 hours to put everything together. Never done it before. Yes a couple of parts missing but they are being sent over. What else was on the container? Heaps of fire fighting pumps, generators, small engines and pressure washers to clean the tractor. Everyone is happy except the ones that missed out!! Keep up the postings great reading. ....

Direct from China

View my Photos
CajunFrog

2006-05-28          129957

I have done some extensive research on importing a tractor from China. Several people who had imported a single tractor contacted me and every one had done it successfully and all reported saving "some" to "a lot" of money.
Most dealers will tell you horror stories of the risks of self importing. It is not in their interest for potential customers to self-import so they understandably want to discourage this line of talk.
I will say that it is indeed possible to save the mentioned $1000 figure on a 25 hp Jinma over the price offered by a crate tractor sold by one of the drop shipping dealers. You can save more if you can live with the Chinese loader and need a spare set of turf tires ordered along with the tractor...enough to make these items almost "free". With a 35 hp purchased w/same accessories the savings are more substantial. Still, the real way to import is to do it by container load as mentioned in thread above as the expenses to transport and clear is reduced by almost half for each unit.
K

Go Top

Share This

Member Login