Go Bottom

FarmPro

View my Photos
KGA
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-18          91232

I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING A 2430 FARM PRO 4 WD FOR MOWING FARM/HUNTING PATHS AND MOWING GRASS AT HOME WITH FINISHING MOWER. THE PRICES ARE PRETTY REASONABLE AND I GUESS THAT'S WHAT CONCERNS ME. AFTER READING THE POSTS IT SEEMS SOME ON THIS BOARD OWN ONE. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS ON THE SERVICE AND RELIABILITY OF YOUR CHINESE TRACTOR.

THANKS

KEVIN

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

FarmPro

View my Photos
mscott6799
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-18          91242

I have a Jinma354 practicaly the same tractor. If you can't turn a wrench or can't wait a few days on parts if and when you break something look elsewhere. I broke a liftshaft and could only find one source for parts which was jinmaparts.com. They are fairly easy to work on but like all tractors will need work and the big tractor dealers will not want to do the work. They look down on these tractors like they are a lower class but they are built just as tough as any other tractor. Just their way of punishing you for not buying one of theirs. Nothern sells the 30hp and seem to stand behind theirs much better then the other dealers IMO. ....

FarmPro

View my Photos
kioti1234

2004-07-18          91251

Kevin, Scott makes a good point. If you do not mind working on it a little this may be a good tractor. The price is a lot less than a dealer price but with the dealer price you have someone to yell at, 2-3 year warranty, and some else to work on it for you. For the next 2-3 years repairs are not your problem. That I think is the biggest difference. ....

FarmPro

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-18          91254

Just be aware that you may have to wait up to a month or more for some parts. If you are OK with that much downtime then you can save some bucks. ....

FarmPro

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-07-19          91287

Kevin,
We have been a Farm Pro dealer for over a year as well as importing other brands of Chinese tractors.
I can tell you that the parts situation continues to improve for all Jinma based tractors, and Farm Pro in particular, as parts inventories are continually being built up along with the number of these tractors in the US.

Of course each parts vendor must forcast which parts will be needed so some unusual parts may not be on the shelf yet. Homier (Farm Pro) has been known to pull parts off of new tractors in a case like this for thier customers. Of course they don't want to do that and will likely stock that part for the future.

Typically we have our Farm Pro parts in hand in two or three days.

Ownership of any Chinese tractor does require the owner to be comfortable with doing minor repairs and maintenance, especially during the first 30 to 60 days. If you purchase from a servicing dealer, this can be minimized and you will have access to technical support and service if needed.

If you purchase without dealer support, you should be willing and capable of doing heavier repairs, possibly even "splitting" the tractor if needed. (This can be done with some jack stands, floor jacks, etc, not that big a deal, but you may wish you had bought from a dealer in the unusual event that that becomes necessary). These are pretty basic machines, that require very few, (if any) special tools to work on. They are supported by a user base quick to share their "been there done that" advice.

Dealers prices tend to be a little more than Homiers road show prices (freight mostly), but the support of a dealer that is there on a permanent basis is well worth the extra money and I think most of my customers would agree.

I will suggest that for your use you might consider the 2425. It is shorter wheelbase and may be a little more manuverable in the woods, and on your lawn finish mowing. Dont underestimate the 25HP capabilities, of course the 30HP has more.

Best bet is check out a local dealer, drive both. While you are there, ask about service after the sale, if the local dealer does not do service, find out where the closest service center is, in most cases it is your responsibility to transport the unit to the service center.

By the way, as people post answers to your inquiry, the ones I would pay most attention to are the ones who tell you which model JInma or Farm Pro they own. I have learned that everyone seems to have an opinion on these tractors, but many have not ever owned, or even looked up close, at one... Of course dealers can be a little biased too.

Enjoy your tractor shopping! ....

FarmPro

View my Photos
Tim

2004-07-21          91606

I own a 2424 FarmPro and I love it.It does everything I need it to do.In my opinion you should get the loader with it.The only thing I am concerned about is it seems to be a bit top heavy. I am not sure that is the correct way to put it but it seems a little more tippsy than my 8N Ford.It is just something I am aware of when I use it and always careful of the situations I put it in.It is a great tractor.
Tim ....

FarmPro

View my Photos
Tim

2004-07-21          91607

Sorry but it is a 2425 FarmPro ....

FarmPro

View my Photos
greg_g

2004-07-22          91614

OT Tim, but wheel width is adjustable on the 2425. Obviously folks working hillsides want wide, but those working row crops or in flat wooded areas may configure for narrow. The rear can be set up in four widths depending upon how/where rims and spokes are mounted. The front should generally be left at its normal width to protect the drive and steering mechanisms, especially if/when there's a FEL mounted. See http://www.johnstractor.homestead.com/WideStanceJM.html

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login