Go Bottom

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
kd5rdr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-06          95711

Needing some help/advice. Have a 2001 Agracat 2920 4x4, with a Y385 diesel engine made by a company called Yangdong Co. Ltd in China. I am at a total loss trying to find a dealership to work on this thing and/or to get correct replacement parts. The Yangdong Co. wouldn't sell parts directly to private party. Any suggestions on how to convince my local tractor dealership into working on something not theirs? And any clue where to get correct replacement parts? I'm located approx 45 miles SW of Houston, Tx. if anyone knows of a good dealer or parts supplier any and all help would be much appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-09-06          95727

The tractor was manufactured by Yancheng tractor factory and is commonly sold under the JInma, Farm Pro, Nortrac and other names, We are a Farm Pro/Jinma dealer in Arkanas and might be able to help you with parts, what do you need? ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-07          95756

You're basically working on a 200 series 25 horse 4wd Jinma tractor; most commonly referred to as a JM254. Be forewarned though, you're probably going to waste a lot of time if you expect to find many green or yellow parts. It was pretty much a proprietary color scheme of the since-bankrupt AgraCat outfit

If you didn't get a parts manual with it, go to http://www.johnstractor.homestead.com/JM254Manual.html.

Once armed with an accurate part number, you can go someplace like
https://www.readysecure4.com/users/affordabletractorsalescocom/ATParts/series_menu.asp?series=JM-200&sid=3.

Or like Chip said, give him a call up there in Arkansas

//greg// ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
kd5rdr

2004-09-07          95773

I want to thank everyone for their help. Chip would you please provide me with a phone number so that I can contact you.

Thanks in advance....

Ken ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-09-07          95787

You can reach me at 479-885-3267 or at the following website ....

Link:   ARTRAC Co. LLC

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-07          95801

This isn't a helping hand with an Agracat, but rather a pat on the back.

So many times we see spam, and suspected spams, coming from dealers on this site, as well I'm sure, on others.

I just wanted to say how nice it was to see Chip help this user in such a friendly and PROFESSIONAL MANNER, no sales slam, no big pitch, just how to contact him, IF HE WANTED TO.

Hats off to you Chip, and keep up the good work. Dealers like this, and Art and the others here are a invaluable resource to all of us, IMHO, some recognition is in order.

Best of luck. ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
Affordable

2004-09-07          95803

We are not far from you and stock hundreds of parts for these tractors please call or e-mail us.Chip is a great guy/dealer and we try to help where we can

Tommy
Affordable Tractor sales
979-865-4002
713-464-5521 ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-09-07          95810

Thanks for the kind words Murf! I hesitated posting my contact info on the board for fear some would feel I stepped out of bounds, and I'm sure some do, but I appreciate that you don't and that you took the time to say so.

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
kd5rdr

2004-09-07          95856

Being new to the board, I do not see how posting a contact number could offend anyone. That is why I posted to get some help and to do that it takes a contact number. Sorry if I am out of line, but as a user just a name and a state does me no good. I appreciate all that have helped

Ken ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-09-07          95858

Murf said it perfect. Chip will go out of his way to help anyone on these forums. I've seen him help on this forum and many others. He's helped me on several problems. Tommy at Affordable has helped me also. I think maybe Chips online a little more then Tommy or just types a little faster. These are the type guys we need in these forums to make them work the way they were intended to not to bash another guys tractor brand. Thanks to both of you for all your help. ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
greg_g

2004-09-08          95866

KD5RDR

None of those comments were negative, none of them were derogatory, you were not out of line - but you are apparently new to this.

So just as a heads up, there are some predators and parasites out there - masquerading as dealers - who suck the life out of these boards. They unfortunately view help forums as their own personal sales tools.

The comments you misinterpreted were actually kind words directed toward Chip - - who does NOT belong to this unpleasant category.

//greg// ....

Another Agracat question

View my Photos
Harryg

2004-09-08          95929

Thought I'd add too. Both Chip and Tommy have countlessly helped others with their problems. Although I have never personally dealt with them I hold them both in HIGH ESTEEM. Its good dealers willing to help that "make or break" a product. My hats off to both of them. No thanks necessary, you guys earned the compliment.
Regards, Harry G ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login