Go Bottom

Looking for Model Recomendations

View my Photos
kattywumpus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-28          97326

I will be building a house next year on a 5 acre lot and I知 concerning buying a tractor to help with some of the building tasks and yard work after we move in. Some of the building tasks I知 considering using the tractor for is building the driveway, building the septic field, wire and pipe trenching, and other small earthwork and hauling tasks. The only reason I知 even considering using the tractor to build the driveway is its location is very flat with mostly small stumps. I will not be using the tractor to dig the foundation hole! After the house is built we do have several landscaping and gardening projects planned.

If I were to purchase a Jinma what tractor, loader, and backhoe model is recommend for the tasks I知 planning to perform and what other implements would be helpful. I知 considering a box blade, finish mower, rotary tiller, and snow blower. And are the any recommended dealers in the southern Maine and New Hampshire area or will deliver to southern Maine for a reasonable cost? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Harryg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-28          97344

I'd have to say anything in the 20 to 28 HP range would fit your needs. If you are thinking Jinma the price difference between a 20 and 28 HP is real small so I would go for the 28 HP(284). I have a 224 and it fits my needs fine but thats what was avail at the time.. I have the Koyker FEL so I maybe am biased favoring toward Koyker.I've heard the china FEL is a little less fine control of my Koyker but I do lean toward the Koyker. The Back hoe I do not have but most I've spoke to prefer the Guillin or go for the better Woods, Kelly etc. I can't make valid suggestions on the hoe. There might be a dealer nearer you and I know I am not trying to slight any other dealer but there are 2 that I know of that have a solid reputation from previous buyers. Here are their links. Make some inquiries and see what you can do. I dealt with Coastal(which I recommend) but Bolton also has a solid rep with many satisfied customers. Do your homework and good luck.

http://www.tractorloft.com/default.htm

http://www.boltonpowerequip.com/ ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-29          97396

kattywumpus, Do your homework on these tractors before you buy, You may be getting into a poor quality machine that is more headaches than you want.

David

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-09-29          97400

I think the Jinma 354 would be all the tractor you would need. Go with a reputable dealer like Harryg says and you will get all your projects done and keep alot more money in your pocket. No they are'nt the quality of some of the others but they are very heavy built and powerful. I've owned a Jinma going on 3 years and have put around 250 hours on it and it looks and runs as good as new. The first year or so I was always wondering when it would just collapse into a pile of junk like some people would have you think.....so far its been much better then expected.
This has been the only thing thats stopped it. ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
JINMA224
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-25          102928

Hey Harry,
How do you like your 224? What year is yours?
I also have a 224 that I got back in the Summer '04. I know that it is a small tractor, but it sure has been helping me out with the work on my new place. How many hours do you have on yours. Do you do your own engine maintenance?
Have a nice day,
Joe ....

View my Photos
Harryg

2005-01-01          103260

Joe, I have about 80 hours so far. been a good unit so far. A little rough on finish but runs great. I have 8K in a 22HP 4WD with a Koyker FEL w/5' bucket and single lever/float. Done every type work I'll ever use for.
Haven't had to do any repairs but its a dang easy thing to work on. Like working on a 57 Chevy. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login