Go Bottom

E hydro filter s change-4310

View my Photos
cekramer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-16          113537

Can anyone offer advise on whether one has to change the hydraulic fluid ( 6.8 gals) if one wants to change the two main hydraulic filters? If not, about how much fluid will need to be replaced? Approaching 200 hrs maintenance.

Thanks,

Chuck

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-16          113540

yes you must drain the oil to change the filters unless you like to wear hyd. oil. Plus you have to drain the oil to get to the suction screen which should be inspected. The book is incorrect. When you replace the oil, you will find that you will have to add about 9 gallons of Hy Gard so be prepared to catch that much. Change the oil. Why risk the remote possibility of added wear or possible damage to a $20,000 machine over $65 worth of oil? ....

View my Photos
cekramer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-17          113565

Having gone to Vanderbilt and bought my first horses in Lexington I appreciated your pictures.

Sounds like you have done the oil change before....thanks for the advise. Especially the added oil volumes.....I do not live next to the dealer.

Chuck ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-17          113573

If you need any parts or shop advice call 1-800-726-7172 and ask for "Ricky in parts" and tell him Randy sent you. Ricky is the parts manager for the Russelville, KY Hutson Ag Deere dealer. He will get you what ever you need and ship it via UPS or you can pick it up if need be. He can also have it arranged for you to pick up at the Clarksville, TN store as well. These guys have been my dealer for 3 years and I can tell you they are a great organization to deal with. Ricky gives a discount to TP and other members I send there way. Be sure and get yourself the shop manual CD as well......a REAL handy item to have. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login