Go Bottom

John Deere JD 2010 Remote Hydraulics failed

View my Photos
haybaker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-29          129991

My Remote Hydraulics stopped working yesterday, in the middle of mowing my field. Power Steering and lift arms still work fine, front loader does not lift. I topped off the fluid level, because it leaks pretty consistently - no help. I drained the fluid and pulled the filter cover and found it has no filter, so that's not plugged up. I'm thinking the problem has to be in the diverter valve????? I do not have a fluid pressure gage, so can't check pump pressure. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-29          130001

Dumb question: how did you know the rear remotes were not working when you were mowing? I'm assuming you had something connected to the remotes, yes? I have had this happen on my skid steer loader with front remotes. Kinda embarassing, but I went to use the grapple bucket and it wouldn't work properly. Turns out one of the remote line couplers was not fully connected so fluid was going in but wouldn't go back out DOH! ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-30          130022

haybaler,

I will add to earthwrks dumb question, my remote hyds quit Saturday while disking...but my busted hose was easy to find.

If I understand your problem you have more than one cyl not working so it would not seem to be a cyl issue.

Does JD use the same hyd pump for steering as the remote hyd?

Is it possible your hyd oil was low and got enough air in it before you topped it off to cause a problem?

Is it possible you have a crimped line on their circuit?

I wish you well.

GD, GB

View my Photos
haybaker

2006-05-30          130036

I noted the hydraulics not working after a drive chain on my mower jumped off. After re-lacing the chain, I was going to back up to recut, and tried to lift the remote hydraulics on the swather. I then tried the front loader which is also fed by the Remote Hydraulics lines to find neither worked.

I found that the power steering and lift arms are both fed by the same pump, but prior to what they call the Remote Hyd Control Valve. Connections before it work, after it don't. I finally accepted my fate and pulled the Control Valve yesterday, and have a guy looking at it today. I'll post the results of his testing. ....

View my Photos
haybaker

2006-05-31          130115

Well slap my face and shut my mouth! OK, so it's not the remote Hyd Control Valve. Come to find out there is a priority or diverter valve somewhere that ensures the steering gets it's hydraulic pressure, but it shuts down the remote hydraulics if the pressure drops below 1700 psi (or something like that). So, it looks now like I have a failing pump. Funny thing is that pulling the pump appears to be an easier job than the CV I already did. Ha! Maybe someday I'll be smarter. ....

View my Photos
haybaker

2006-06-01          130185

So much for pulling the pump being an easier job. I can't loosen the hydraulic line to the power steering pump. Has anyone ever pulled the hydraulic pump from a JD 2010? Do I have to cut my wrench in half to get it in there? Please help! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-01          130192

I have no idea what you are up against but you do know they have both short wrenches to use with sockets extensions and racthets?

It may be possible to call your JD mechanic and them tell you. ....

View my Photos
haybaker

2006-06-01          130196

Thanks, but it's a compression fitting on a steel hydraulic line so anything socket won't work. I took a fresh try at it this morning and was finally able to get it loose. Now I'm about to remove the pump and try to locate a rebuilt one. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-01          130198

haybaler,

I did not mean to give the impression of the wrench being a socket, it connects to socket tools. They are open end wrenches. Just very short. Just a little longer than the head of the wrench.

Glad you got it loose. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-01          130219

Kenny: Are you referring to what is called in some circles a "crow foot wrench" --basically the end of an open end wrench that also has a square hole in it to insert a ratchet or extension?

If you don't have one of those, I have had pretty good luck with a "basin" or "faucet wrench" that I got from Home Depot for about $15. They come in two styles: one has a pivoting head and one doesn't pivot, both have extending handles, and both have replacable heads which have a stationary jaw opposing a pivoting jaw that is curved so that the more you tighten the better it grips. They also have a version of the head but it's made like the crows foot to accept a 3/8" ratchet or extension. If it's really tight I'd buy a few replacement heads while you're at the store since they're not really made for high torque applications, but in a pinch they will work. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-01          130222

earthwrks,

You are correct on the crows foot.

Thanks

Never would have thought using a basin wrench. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-01          130237

The term "basin wrench" I used is probably incorrect---for a lack of a better term. However, the one I speak about is only found in the plumbing section at Home Depot or Lowes most likely since it's not durable enough to be a tool a mechanic would use dependably. If memory serves, a basin wrench is more or less a flat-looking adjustable spanner wrench or the old fashion name "monkey wrench" which, I'm told isn't the same as a "pipe wrench" ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-02          130271

earthwrks,

Not sure on the basin wrench name either but think you are correct there (again).

If I understood you are saying to use the wrench made to tighten or loosen the faucet, not the drain. ....

View my Photos
haybaker

2006-06-02          130273

That's interesting, I'll check them out. Well, the pump is out and I shipped it to Draper to rebuild. They could not locate one off the shelf, and requested I send mine in. I'm still in a hope and pray mode that this will fix it. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-02          130319

KT: Yes what I meant to say is the basin wrench is for the drain; the "faucet" wrench, for clarity, is designed with a long entending handle that can reach up under past the sink (basin) and grasp the fittings for the faucet connections. ....

View my Photos
JillBilly

2007-07-08          143521

Hi, i have a 2010 John Deere and my 3 pt hitch will not work but the front end loader works along with the power steering , so i am looking for a repair manual on my 3 pt hitch, i cleaned the filter didnt change anything.or has any one got any ideas ,, ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-07-09          143522

What's it doing? Sometimes the 3-point won't drop because the rate-of-drop knob at the base of the seat is turned too far in the "don't drop" direction. ....

View my Photos
JillBilly

2007-07-09          143523

Hi, we moved the knobs , nothing happend they will not go up either, but now when we did clean the filter there was some pieces of cork like gaskett in there , got any ideas on this .. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-07-09          143524

I'd start with simple stuff first. Is the 3-point linkage solid and operating properly? Is the hydraulic fluid level correct? Any other hydraulic issues? ....

View my Photos
JillBilly

2007-07-09          143549

yes i did all that but i think it is under the seat and i have to take the cover off and see what is going on in there , i was looking for a book to help me out with this project.. ....

View my Photos
jd110_1963

2007-07-09          143556

You are correct that you should remove the cover under the seat. There is a lot of linkage under that cover that could have come unhooked. I would definitely recommend a repair manual since the linkage and valves that operate the rockshaft is fairly complicated on the 2010, especially if you have a "dual" rockshaft. Good Luck! ....

View my Photos
JillBilly

2007-07-12          143650

Hi, do you have any idea where is the best place to get the book i need on something like this , Jill ....

View my Photos
jd110_1963

2007-07-15          143733

Ebay is an excellent source for these types of things. This link is for an IT manual. I am not sure how much detail this one has. An original JD manual would be preferable, but this one might suffice. ....

Link:   JD 2010 manual Ebay listing

View my Photos
jd110_1963

2007-07-15          143734

You might also try this one. ....

Link:   John Deere manuals.

View my Photos
jd110_1963

2007-07-15          143735

Sorry about the multiple replies, but I keep coming up with other ideas. An original JD manual is still availble new from John deere also. A paper manual is number SM2035 and costs around $125. A CD version, SM2035CD is available also for around $65. This option is less expensive and you can print out the pages you want to work with. Call your local dealer for his exact prices. They may vary. ....

View my Photos
JillBilly

2007-07-18          143847

Hi, I want to thank you so much for all the help you have given me i am going to call the JD dealer and see what they have . and again thank you so much .... ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login