Go Bottom

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
RRagent
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-04          133945

This hasen't been brought up in awhile,Maybe 3 years or so there must have been improvements.
I am in the market for a Gator, Mule or Kubota,
I need some advise on each and which seems to hold up.
Will be using to work garden, Other half will use it to tote Grand daughter around. I am leaning toward the diesel.
Thanks in advance.
Terry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
jimbrown

2006-09-04          133946

Never owened a gator but did have a mule. 100% bullet proof. But if I were buying new I think I would get the Kubota. It kinda depends on how fast you want to go. I think the mule is probably faster. And price.But I think they are prety close in price. ....

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-04          133947

I only sell one brand of those mentioned but do have another brand that uses the same drive system of the gator and Mule. The Kubota just like the others has some that they work for and some that they don't. It is more of a work machine with some nice additions like power steering and hydraulic dump. The biggest difference is the rear drive which started as a B-2910 which gives live hydraulics to also be able to operate hydraulic tools. For many the average hours in our area is about 100, with that in mind and the belt drive units being good to about 3000 which is also atainable by most gas engines how much do you need? ....

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
JasonR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-04          133949

I don't own any of them, but since you mentioned driving your grand daughter around - my neighbor is replacing his Gator with a Mule. Reason being, the Mule he bought is a 4 seater (back seats fold down or something for a larger work bed.) Hence you may want to consider that if giving rides around the property will be part of the tasks.

- Jason ....

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-09-04          133950

It depends on how heavy duty you want to go on a machine. Our first Gator 4X2, except for being totaly helpless in the lesat amount of mud and kind of a weak box hoist that we broke a time or two dumpinmg rocks it was a pretty rugged machine. I traded a couple years ago for an HPX 4X4. It has a much improved box hoist, a bit faster road speed, and a low range in 4 wheel drive that will pull quite a load. It is kind of a cold blooded critter, so I probably would give the Diesel a good look. I looked at the Kubota at the Farm progress show last week, they look like a good machine, the mule, I haven't really given a good look, but haven't heard anything bad about them. I think any of the three will do a good job for you. I bought the Deere machines simply because of my past good experience with the dealer. To me your past experience or the reputation of the dealer would be the biggest deciding factor on the choice of brand. Any brand machine will break down sooner or later, that's when a good dealer will keep you a happy customer. Frank. ....

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-09-05          133973

We purchased a 4 x 2 Gator about 3 years ago. It has poor ground clearance and rough ride on rough groud. The engine is smaller than others and the road speed is also slower. JD has changed this product since our purchased but I have no idea how.

For our use it has done a very good job. It also fits DOT regs on farm use so is legal over the Mule here for on road time. It has between 100 and 200 hours and there has been no service issues other than my fault for not addding gas stablizer one winter. Most important issue, was what my wife who uses it 98% wanted! Got that. LOL ....

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-09-05          133991

I got caught behind a slow moving trailer the other day stacked about 6 bales high with hay. Fortunately the person made a left turn into a farm after a few hundred yards. To my amazement I see a gator pulling the load into the farm! It was a pretty large load of hay bales! ....

Gator Mule or Kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2006-09-05          133992

I've seen fully loaded hay wagons being pulled by RTV's but it is beyond the load ratings for both of these machines. Farmers will run the RTV in second range giving them the same 20MPH that the tractors tow at. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login