Go Bottom

gator will run for 10 seconds and stops

View my Photos
magnum69
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-22          142311

I have a 4 x 6 gator. I have never had any problems with it. it is a 97 model. It sat all winter, and when I tried to start this spring, it will run for 10 seconds and stops. If you try to start again right away, it just turns over. If you wait for 15 seconds it starts and runs again for 10 seconds.
I checked the fuel line and the pump, and they seem to be alright. added new gas, but the same result. any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-22          142314

Does it have a low oil sensor? Low oil? Sensor broken? Fuel valve turned partially off? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-22          142320

Plugged fuel filter? Dirty fuel in the tank plugging fuel inlet? ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-05-22          142321

I assume this is a gasoline engine, and that you ran Stabil through it before putting it up for the winter. My generator did the same thing after sitting idle one winter. Ran fine when I winterized it, but did the same thing as your Gator the following spring. Somehow the low oil pressure interlock switch went bad over winter. New switch fixed'er right up.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-22          142322

Our gas gator does the same each spring. I thought at first it was the gas going bad but I think it is condensation in the fuel. Either way, keeping the choke partly pulled kept my running until it cleared up, which was not in just a few minutes. It does not seem to matter if the gas tank is left full or fuel stabilizer added or not. You can tell with our's it is in the fuel the way it dies. kt ....

View my Photos
randywatson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-22          142324

possible carb gaskets dried out, allows enough fuel to start, but not enough to run, or broken fuel line ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-24          142440

The first thing I look for when I feel reduced power is a plugged fuel cap vent (due to insects, dirt or debris). If the tank can't breathe it creates a vacuum and won't let fuel flow. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login