Go Bottom

John Deere Gator TS Jumps out of Gear

View my Photos
rholiman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-16          144757

Any one have any ideas on what causes 2002 TS gator to jump out of gear? I adjusted the linkage a little which may have helped a little. Has about 500 hours on it. My other gator TS has 700 hours and transmission works perfectly.
Is there an external adjustment on the shift box?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-08-18          144791

I had a gator that I used for plowing a few years back. I had this problem because of the constant forward and reversing. If you share the same problem, it was not the trans but rather the shift linkage. The whole link assembly was kind of chinsy. Mine had worked loose at the adjustment which controled the amount of travel of the whole assembly. (Gears were never pushed far enough into one another to set properly.) On mine, this was located right behind the hand brake. This was an on-going issue for which I tried fixing by re-threading the adjustment which had been damaged, double nutting, and then evetually replace the whole thing. Wish I would have replaced the whole thing in the first place. I think it was only $30.

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-08-18          144792

rholiman
sorry- really tire when reading your post. Completely missed the part about you already doing what I suggested. ....

View my Photos
Kawboy888
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-10          151223

If you are still having this problem, it is most likely something called the "shift clutch collar". John Deere sells a kit for this. Call your local john deere dealer and mention it to him. I am about to buy then kit, think it is about $100. In the mean time, stretch a bunjee cord along the floor board to keep the shiter down in forward. ....

View my Photos
cliff123

2008-02-21          151548

Hi I have four of these john deere gator XUVs They are used on very steep hills one of them will stay in gear going down hill holds it back. The others take off you have to ride the brakes hard. one I am using has 50 hours and it is almost ready for new pads. The shift lever does not seam to pop out of gear. The transmission is not holding going down hill. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login