Go Bottom

Gator 6x4 Diff lock Slipping

View my Photos
TechiMan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-25          153235

Hey does anyone know if the Diff Lock can be adjusted cause it used to only slip and click in reverse but lately its doing it in forward as well and sometimes that diff is all you need to get off the ice or trough the snow.

thanks in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oregonpharmer

2008-04-30          153352

The differential lock is easy to adjust, but first make sure it is not internally stripped.

Make sure it is fully engaging, and if it is and still ratcheting, then the clutch locking dogs are shot. To inspect them the left axle housing has to be removed and the sliding clutch and left axle shaft has to be slid out of the housing. On the axle is the sliding engagement lock, and then the corresponding dogs are on the differential carrier itself. Generally, the sliding clutch assembly strips.

You can go to John Deere's website and pop up a diagram of the parts involved, and get an idea of what is involved.

The Kawasaki website also has parts diagrams, but under the Mule designation. The transaxle is built by Kawasaki. ....

View my Photos
TechiMan

2008-05-01          153357

Thanks OregonPharmer, Is there a way to tell if its adjusted correctly without pulling the unit apart?

Go Top

Share This

Member Login