Go Bottom

Gator out of gear and grinding

View my Photos
oranboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-18          154687

I borrowed my dad's gator today to help remove sandbags from homes around Cedar Rapids. Soon after I started it popped out of gear and started grinding. Later I had to hold it into gear to keep it from popping out and sometimes it was hard to even get it to stick in forward, it would just grind. Any ideas on what it going to cost me or what is wrong with it?
Thank You.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-06-19          154691

Have you checked the linkage from the shift lever to the transmission? I think some series had a lever clamped to a shaft coming out of the transmission that could have worked loose too. Frank. ....

View my Photos
IgotAgator2

2008-12-15          158584

Im not an "Expert", BUT....we just cut the frame out of a wrecked 4x2 and noticed that it would not shift into forward. If you check the linkage, like he was saying, you will see that it's not fully engaging. you can loosen the linkage, push the linkage by hand into the Forward gear, make sure the gear shifter is in the Forward position and tighten it down, it should be spot on when you go to put it in reverse. It was an easy fix for us. The wrecked Gator lives again, you shoulda seen'er ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login