Go Bottom

Voltage regulator location for gator- turf

View my Photos
skipjack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-10          159277

Our turf gator 1997 W00TURF003256 shows a plug in regulator but are not finding it. Any ideas are welcome

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-10          159283

Skipjack,

I'm currently looking at the John Deere website parts pages. I'm not certain that I have your exact model up on the screen, but it appears that the voltage regulator is located inside the rear cover of the alternator.

In order to use the parts pages and view the exploded parts diagrams, you'll need to register with John Deere. You then establish a user name and password. Once that's done, you can then log in to view the parts pages.

Try the following link. I'm not sure if it will work, as I'm currently logged in as a registered user.

Joel ....

Link:   John Deere Parts

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-10          159287

OK.......

After signing out of the John Deere website, I am now able to post a link that works......I hope.

Try this one.

Joel ....

Link:   JD Parts

View my Photos
candoarms

2009-01-10          159288

Skipjack,

I now believe I had the wrong Gator up for view.

Your regulator may be located somewhere in the ignition wire harness. It's probably mounted somewhere on a metal panel, as I see it's secured in place by a bolt, washer, and nut. The bolt passes right through the center of the regulator.

If I'm on the correct page this time, it appears that your regulator is a retangular device with an electrical plug on it, containing three wires and terminals.

John Deere Part# AM121776 Price = $39.64

I hope that helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
skipjack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-11          159324

Thanks for your input and ideas. Inspection shows no plug or regulator along the harness. Perhaps someone with a gator- turf could explain the apparent lack of similarity between what is on paper (schematics and parts lists) and what I'm seeing under the bed.
thanks again
Neil ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login