Go Bottom

TH 6X4 Brakes Squealing Really loud

View my Photos
therock
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-06          165493

Please bear with me, I have never dealt with a Gator. I am a skilled mechanic though and will do all the work. This unit has been abused by company employees that do not have a dime in it if you know what I mean. Ride it hard and put it up wet. I posted earlier on the chains. Thanks for the info.

The brakes are squealing really loud. What do I check. It may be a wet disc system?

Also I noticed on a steep down hill with loose traction under braking the rear end wanted to come around. What does this say for the front to rear brake system. Is there a front brake? Heh!

I'll be back this PM with year model numbers.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-09-06          165502

Since you are new to Tractor Point it may not be a bad idea to read thru the posts regarding Gators. There is one dated Aug. 20 that deals with brakes. Reading thru may help you to become more familiar with the Gator and it's troubles. There is also a post stating the part number for the tech manual which you should have if you are going to adjust your brakes evenly so the rear end doesn"t want to come around on you when braking going down a hill. It's a great manual and will answer alot of questions. ....

View my Photos
therock

2009-09-06          165509

Thanks but no thanks.

If you do not have any help or answers for me then do yourself and me a favor and just move on to another post and not waist your time telling me to use the search or go get a tech manual.
Sheesh man!Give me a break! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-06          165510

If you had read the other posts you would know that gatoraider is the resident expert on gators but you can hardly blame a guy if he gets tired of repeating himself.

People need to meet others half way.

View my Photos
hmrbri

2009-09-06          165512

Sheesh man?? with that attitude
i can see gatoraider and the rest of us just "moving on" when we see your future posts with questions.
Sheesh man! ....

View my Photos
therock

2009-09-07          165513

Sorry but the use the search and get a book is way out of line to me in what a user group is all about.

Even if it is sugar coated.

After being told to use the search and get a manual why should you reply? You would move on anyway.

I have been using forums since their conception. More and more groups are making the "Use the search" replies against the rules.
It's rude. If I wanted to help out like that I would at least provide the link to the thread. My way of saying "Use the search" is to search it myself and provide the link. We are here to ask and help, not police the forum.

Use the search and get a book is not very much help. The big thing is how do they know one did not use the search.

There are usually forum cops in groups that stress because they know it has been discussed before and get high blood pressure because the question has been asked again.

If you don't have an answer just move on and be at peace with your self. Another member may want to help in his own way. Don't take members to raise. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-07          165517

Politely pointing a guy to a two-week old thread for information about a problem doesn't seem rude to me.

Here's the link.

Regarding the manual, it can be a real pain trying to help someone with a complex procedure that is described in the manual. A lot of time can be spent typing information from procedures that span multiple pages, pictures and diagrams are difficult to describe, and something always gets lost in the process. Sometimes the manual is the best solution.

Good luck with your gator troubles. ....

Link:   6x4 brake squeal

Go Top

Share This

Member Login