Go Bottom

fusable link

View my Photos
fsgunn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-03          166130

last time I tried to start I smelled burning or melting you know the smell tried to look but did not see .. now wont turn over at all tried crossing over at solinoid will only turn over a little.. no power at key ..I read in this forum about a fuseable link but cant find also crosses at neutral switch nothing scott

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

fusable link

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-10-03          166133

What model Gator are we working on? ....

fusable link

View my Photos
fsgunn

2009-10-04          166149

mid 90's 4X2 ....

fusable link

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-10-04          166150

What I would do is take the hood off and check for 12v at the red wire going into the ign. switch. Use a test light and ground it at the battery. If you have it, check it grounding it to the chassis. If you have 12v at the red wire with the battery ground, clean all the ground connections. Also check the hot wire connections at the starter and battery. You may have to ground the battery to the chassis with an extra wire. While you are looking check for signs of hot spots in both ground and hot wires. Bottom line, bad grounds will do funny things. I don't think I have ever seen a fusable link go bad. I'm sure they do, but I've never seen it. I just remembered something, before you do anything take the ground wire off the top of the motor and wire brush it and where it bolts to the motor, put it back on and try it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login